Fall Transatlantic if no Spring Transatlantic?

Hi Friends! So, the Rhapsody April 18 Transatlantic Tampa to Spain was cancelled. Can anyone see how in the world they could possibly do Fall Transatlantic Spain -Tampa in Nov. ? I hate the waiting! Good thing I didn't book flights for the Fall yet! Thanks. Florida "safer at home" person. 

2 minutes ago, Sirlancelot said:

Can anyone see how in the world they could possibly do Fall Transatlantic Spain -Tampa in Nov. ?

The Eastbound TA will be non revenue, and then she may have an abridged Med season, if it happens at all.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The Eastbound TA will be non revenue, and then she may have an abridged Med season, if it happens at all.

I agree, it's the only viable alternative. I don't think they have enough time to announce and come anywhere close to having enough passengers to make it worthwhile.

If there are any sailings taking place during the summer it doesn’t make sense to abandon the full Mediterranean season. They have sailings sold and all the port logistics in place. 

Of course the coronavirus could wipe out the rest of the year but that’s out of anyone’s control. 

20 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

I expect they will cancel the Med season and maybe start up in the Carib early.

It is too early to tell but even when things calm down I expect it will take some time for Europe to be ready for more ships.

I guess at this stage it's realistic to have a season in Europe startin in July and it's probably better having ships even at 50% capacity sailing both in Europe and North America than even ships almost empty. Given all the impact also on the US Job market, the demand for cruises might also significnatly go down at least in the shorter run

• Like 1