Odyssey of the Seas - Junior Suite question

copter

I know the ship hasn’t been built yet so it’ll just be a guess at this point in time, but I just recently booked a J1 cabin (11722) for next March. Looking at the deck plan the cabin appears to be much larger than standard J1 cabins. It also looks like it may have two balconies (small starboard and large aft balcony). What are your thoughts on what I can expect out of this specific junior suite (in terms of size and balcony)?

Here’s the link to the RCCL deck plan:

http://www.espresso.cruisingpower.com/content/shared_assets/svg/svg_r_OY_2033/IDP-DECK11.svg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It seems to have a standard balcony you would have on a regular balcony cabin + the aft balcony which might be a bit larger, but given such cabins don't exisit yet on other ships it's just a guess.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has stayed in one of these (J1) corner aft Junior Suites on the Odyssey yet? I can’t find and photos or videos of them online yet. Trying to figure out what the bathroom setup is like in them, tub with shower curtain (yuck) or tub and separate shower?

3 hours ago, hlfrps said:

We just had cabin 11322 opposite aft. Long hallway.walking into cabin Beautiful cabin. Did not really care for tub shower but would book again. 

6093D707-ACDC-4EC3-97DE-ECF055145B07.jpeg

What kind of bathroom fixtures did you want/expect?

On 3/28/2020 at 12:30 PM, copter said:

I know the ship hasn’t been built yet so it’ll just be a guess at this point in time, but I just recently booked a J1 cabin (11722) for next March. Looking at the deck plan the cabin appears to be much larger than standard J1 cabins. It also looks like it may have two balconies (small starboard and large aft balcony). What are your thoughts on what I can expect out of this specific junior suite (in terms of size and balcony)?

Here’s the link to the RCCL deck plan:

http://www.espresso.cruisingpower.com/content/shared_assets/svg/svg_r_OY_2033/IDP-DECK11.svg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I stayed in the cabin 10724 and got to see 10722 and I do not remember a second balcony. However, I did see the bathroom, and I chose J4's for all my Odyssey sailings because the separate tub and enclosed shower, with a separate toilet room is better... IMO.

Edited by Mikew0805
corrected the room number

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

What kind of bathroom fixtures did you want/expect?

The J4 config is better in my opinion. The complaints I heard from a few people we met onboard is that the shower tub combo in the J3 was uncomfortable, and the J1 looked to be about the same.

• Like 1

We are just not accustomed to climbing into a bathtub for a shower and certainly did not care for the curtain. But the expanded space and balcony made up for bathtub. Cabin hallway would certainly take a cot or two for kids if regulations allowed it

9 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

I stayed in the cabin 10724 and got to see 10722 and I do not remember a second balcony. However, I did see the bathroom, and I chose J4's for all my Odyssey sailings because the separate tub and enclosed shower, with a separate toilet room is better... IMO.

Did your cabin 10724 have the J4 setup with the separate shower and tub in one bathroom and then the toilet and sink in another room? Do you have photos of your room you can post?

14 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Did your cabin 10724 have the J4 setup with the separate shower and tub in one bathroom and then the toilet and sink in another room? Do you have photos of your room you can post?

Yes it was the J4 setup... also we had 12234 on Sept 25th, and it is the same way. I don't usually post photos so hopefully you can see these.......these are of 10724.

IMG_6079.JPG

IMG_6080.JPG

IMG_6081.JPG

IMG_6082.JPG

IMG_6083.JPG

IMG_6084.JPG

IMG_6085.JPG

• Thanks 1

Thank you SO SO much @Mikew0805 for the photos and confirmation! It’s been especially hard getting any details on these unique shaped Junior Suites on the Odyssey so this is very helpful.  As far as the room goes, (shape/size), was there much difference between 10724 and 12234? Were balcony sizes the same also?

On 10/12/2021 at 6:17 PM, Cruise Gopher said:

Thank you SO SO much @Mikew0805 for the photos and confirmation! It’s been especially hard getting any details on these unique shaped Junior Suites on the Odyssey so this is very helpful.  As far as the room goes, (shape/size), was there much difference between 10724 and 12234? Were balcony sizes the same also?

There was a big difference in size in both the room and the balcony. 10724 was a larger room by about 25%, and the balcony was double the size if not more.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi so I am currently holding a J1 Junior suite cabin #12322 on the Odyssey.  We are trying to find out if this cabin also has  2 toilet, so a split bath?  I can’t seem to find any concrete info on this.  We love Aft cabins and it seems spacious for 4 of us, but 2 toilets would make this even better!!

On 10/10/2021 at 10:57 PM, hlfrps said:

We just had cabin 11322 opposite aft. Long hallway.walking into cabinCF988051-477B-470C-9186-199EC4378300.thumb.jpeg.45784a576297ac578dc6494464a25e81.jpeg Beautiful cabin. Did not really care for tub shower but would book again. 

6093D707-ACDC-4EC3-97DE-ECF055145B07.jpeg

ED7CD43D-DD0B-4CEF-99BA-8FEB9A0DF001.jpeg

F0A13321-43BD-492B-8247-2F3E0937038C.jpeg

767DBA4B-9EB0-4A84-B531-A19B5FE666EA.jpeg

3121BF87-BCB7-4510-8180-20B0C3CF97BF.jpeg

I know this post was a few months ago but what did you think of the lack of closet/storage space? I got this cabin for an upcoming cruise and there will be 4 of us in there all adults (well it’s my husband and myself and our 2 college aged kiddos).

you will have a big closet (you and husband) and each kid their own  small closet.   I don't remember drawer space or lack thereof, I want to say three drawers.  You will be fine unless you pack too much😀  Enjoy. 

1 hour ago, hlfrps said:

you will have a big closet (you and husband) and each kid their own  small closet.   I don't remember drawer space or lack thereof, I want to say three drawers.  You will be fine unless you pack too much😀  Enjoy. 

A regular Jr Suite became available so I think we will give this one up. Having 2 bathrooms will be much better. Traveling with an 18 year old girl who likes privacy and a 21 year old son. Between him and my husband, both like to spend a lot of time in the bathroom.  So I am hoping that my research led me correctly and than the J3 we found will have the 2 bathrooms with 2 toilets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/14/2021 at 10:45 AM, Mikew0805 said:

There was a big difference in size in both the room and the balcony. 10724 was a larger room by about 25%, and the balcony was double the size if not more.

Thank you very much for the pictures, @Mikew0805! We just booked this cabin and it looks like we’re going to love it!  We were looking at possibly booking  the balcony cabin right next door for a significantly lower price, but decided to go for 10724 instead. After seeing your pictures, I know we made the right choice. 😁

On 3/30/2022 at 1:29 AM, perfect match said:

Thank you very much for the pictures, @Mikew0805! We just booked this cabin and it looks like we’re going to love it!  We were looking at possibly booking  the balcony cabin right next door for a significantly lower price, but decided to go for 10724 instead. After seeing your pictures, I know we made the right choice. 😁

Nice, enjoy!!  Just got off Odyssey today again. She is great. I did have 13636 this time, and even though it is a J4, there is much more space in the cabin itself and on the balcony of 10724. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 12:04 PM, Mikew0805 said:

Nice, enjoy!!  Just got off Odyssey today again. She is great. I did have 13636 this time, and even though it is a J4, there is much more space in the cabin itself and on the balcony of 10724. 

@Mikew0805  I understand positing room pics isn't your comfort zone but it's super appreciative.   

We're in 10724, and our RoyalUp offer came yesterday.  My wife wants me to bid on a GS or OS, but in seeing those tiny balconies and the photos of yours I kinda want to stay put.     What do you think?

I didn't realize the shower was separate from the tub and the toilet was separate either.   That's a huge surprise.

Again thanks so much for the photos  and the information.

11 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

@Mikew0805  I understand positing room pics isn't your comfort zone but it's super appreciative.   

We're in 10724, and our RoyalUp offer came yesterday.  My wife wants me to bid on a GS or OS, but in seeing those tiny balconies and the photos of yours I kinda want to stay put.     What do you think?

I didn't realize the shower was separate from the tub and the toilet was separate either.   That's a huge surprise.

Again thanks so much for the photos  and the information.

Oh I don't mind sharing photos, I just wanted to make sure since I do not normally that they could be seen. 

In my opinion, it is not worth it to the GS, unless you are specifically wanting the sky suite benefits. If it is about the room and the balcony, without a doubt 10724 is better. For the record I have stayed in 10724, 11724, 12234, and 13636. That is the order that I like the JS's in as well. The one on deck 11 had a weird space at the door that felt like a waste. 12234 was nice, but smaller room and balcony. 13636 all I heard during the day was noise from El Loco Fresh. No napping for me. 

My favorite parts about the cabin are the two bathrooms, and the large aft balcony. Yes the tub and shower are separate, and that shower is very comfortable. The Rain head shower head is a bonus, but it cannot be on at the same time as the regular shower head. The toilet and sink being across the cabin and separate made it really nice.

The "upgraded" J3's have a shower/tub combo with a toilet and sink in one bathroom, and the toilet and sink in another. Some seem to like that setup better, but I do not.

Here is a video that shows the GS really well, and that bathroom is nice, but I just prefer the J4. Whatever you choose, I am sure you will enjoy. Have a great cruise.

6 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Oh I don't mind sharing photos, I just wanted to make sure since I do not normally that they could be seen. 

In my opinion, it is not worth it to the GS, unless you are specifically wanting the sky suite benefits. If it is about the room and the balcony, without a doubt 10724 is better. For the record I have stayed in 10724, 11724, 12234, and 13636. That is the order that I like the JS's in as well. The one on deck 11 had a weird space at the door that felt like a waste. 12234 was nice, but smaller room and balcony. 13636 all I heard during the day was noise from El Loco Fresh. No napping for me. 

My favorite parts about the cabin are the two bathrooms, and the large aft balcony. Yes the tub and shower are separate, and that shower is very comfortable. The Rain head shower head is a bonus, but it cannot be on at the same time as the regular shower head. The toilet and sink being across the cabin and separate made it really nice.

The "upgraded" J3's have a shower/tub combo with a toilet and sink in one bathroom, and the toilet and sink in another. Some seem to like that setup better, but I do not.

Here is a video that shows the GS really well, and that bathroom is nice, but I just prefer the J4. Whatever you choose, I am sure you will enjoy. Have a great cruise.

I love Danny's videos,  I kept waiting for him to have an aft that wasn't the aft corner.  Ha!

I'm leaning against Royal Uping the GS.  We're traveling with friends and no fun to be in a suite lounge and they can't come. 

It's just my wife and I too.

But I'm thinking the OS and up would be worth it.

Thanks so much, I'm going to dig around but if you have any other pics of the bathroom or balcony I'd love to see!