All seabourn Cruises cancelled for a further 30 days

lydiamight

4 minutes ago, zqvol said:

They won't go before July 15th which is when the current 100 day order expires, at least they won't sail into or out of the US before then.

100 days from April 15 tomorrow is July 25 assuming the order is published tomorrow as scheduled in the federal register. 

I truly hope that they cancel all cruises scheduled through to June 27.  It is not fair to the customers to be held in limbo.  

Seabourn arranged for our flights and their travel insurance.  Do you know if those fees will be included in the credit they offer or in the cash return?

28 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Canceling has nothing to do with holding onto cash. It will allow people to cancel other arrangements.

If SB cancelled those cruises now they would be obliged to offer a full refund as one of the options (and thus losing cash). By delaying the inevitable cancellation, they do not have to offer that option for now and maybe many will simply cancel now for FCC. Also, by cancelling cruises a month at a time they are decreasing the overload on their staff which is probably overwhelmed already.

Nothing is stopping you from cancelling your other arrangements now independently of what SB is doing - especially as you are convinced that the cruise will be cancelled eventually.

Edited by Paulchili

1 hour ago, upgrayders said:

I truly hope that they cancel all cruises scheduled through to June 27.  It is not fair to the customers to be held in limbo.  

Seabourn arranged for our flights and their travel insurance.  Do you know if those fees will be included in the credit they offer or in the cash return?

I know air will be for sure.  We don't buy their insurance so that one I can't answer.

9 hours ago, zqvol said:

Seabourn needs to go ahead and cancel its Alaska sailings and anything that sails out of the US at least until the middle of July. Canadian ports are closed to ships even as small as Soujourn and Alaska has a 14 day quarantine for anyone entering the state.  The CDC has an order that doesn't allow any cruises in US ports until mid July.

I'm not sure that I understand the delay.

Because that's not what the CDC order actually says. 100 days is the maximum, because it's a rule made by publication in the register, there are other conditions in which cruises are allowed to restart, one is the CDC deciding it's fine, another is COVID not being classified as a national health emergency. If any of those things happens (or the cruise line submits a plan which is acceptable to the CDC for safe cruising, which is very unlikely) cruising can restart.

The 100 days thing on the CDC rule is basically irrelevant either they change their stance and allow cruising before then anyway or they resubmit more evidence and extend it again, just that rules made by register publication must have a time-limit on them. 

So the cruise lines certainly can expect cruising to be stopped for some time, but they're going to do rolling cancellations month or two at a time. 

20 hours ago, zelker said:

I know air will be for sure.  We don't buy their insurance so that one I can't answer.

Officially cancelled cruises through June 27 2020..  I wll be getting refunds.

thank you for your response