MSC not offering the same itinerary

sofsolnanny

Hi,

my sister and I booked Preziosa cruise from Southampton 13th May, Itinerary - Rotterdam-La Havre -Hamburg. This cruise has now been cancelled by MSC.

I understand that we will be issued with a FCC instead of our money back,(booked with TA).

With the FCC has it got to be the same cruise itinerary, or can it be applied to another cruise(MSC) from another port.

Looking at MSC'S website for 2021 it will be Magnifica sailing out of Southampton next year and 7 day cruises going to Norway----don't want to go to Norway!

Cheers,

Solsof.

Yes Sidari-- you are right!!. Not sure where that leaves us now. I have/may have plans for the rest of this year-deposit on a Princess cruise in September and a stay in Italy with relatives-all up in the air at the moment. I am still working so not able to swap and change holidays. I thought we might be able to swap the cruise to the same one next year (same date) but as I said,MSC does not do this itinerary until September 21. Not best pleased with MSC and would prefer my money back. I would expect that's never going to happen---ggrrr .

Wonder what will happen if we use our FCC and that cruise gets cancelled.  Would hope that the FCC is still usable within their original guidelines.  Our March 30th cruise was cancelled, however, we booked the Armonia repositioning cruise on November 1st.  I am keeping fingers crossed that this cruise will be a go at that point, but one never knows with what is going on.

11 minutes ago, sofsolnanny said:

Yes Sidari-- you are right!!. Not sure where that leaves us now. I have/may have plans for the rest of this year-deposit on a Princess cruise in September and a stay in Italy with relatives-all up in the air at the moment. I am still working so not able to swap and change holidays. I thought we might be able to swap the cruise to the same one next year (same date) but as I said,MSC does not do this itinerary until September 21. Not best pleased with MSC and would prefer my money back. I would expect that's never going to happen---ggrrr .

We also have a Princess cruise booked in September and are hoping it may still go ahead, so the other 14 day sailing is no good to us either but time will tell. The end of July could be interesting as that is the date ABTA have given for them to begin refunds!