Carnival Corp . Still Has 6000 people still at sea?

frito58

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coast-guard-tells-cruises-to-prepare-to-care-for-sick-people-for-indefinite-period/ar-BB11ZoEY?ocid=spartandhp

Just read this article and it seems will they be diverted to the Bahamas and it will be their problem. Since that's where the ships are flagged . Doesn't where or what ships very vague article. Or even what Cruise Line and yes I know they own several. 

Edited by frito58

https://people.com/travel/carnival-corporation-says-6000-passengers-are-currently-stranded-at-sea-on-its-cruise-ships/

As of the deadline Monday night, however, CLIA confirmed to PEOPLE that 3.6% percent of its 277 member vessels had not yet made it back, meaning approximately 10 ships with passengers on board are still at sea. Another five are docked but cannot yet disembark.

Well, there are many cruisers which are operating at sea at the moment. And yes, they cant just cancel their route and go back. Noone does it in the middle of the process. Hope they get back safely. Anyhow, I am also sure there are doing just alright, cause otherwise we would hear news about some problems on board these ships. Hope they get back safely 

12 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Well, there are many cruisers which are operating at sea at the moment. And yes, they cant just cancel their route and go back. Noone does it in the middle of the process. Hope they get back safely. Anyhow, I am also sure there are doing just alright, cause otherwise we would hear news about some problems on board these ships. Hope they get back safely 

You don't read other boards, do you?  HAL has big problems on Zaandam; they transferred some guests to Rotterdam prior to express transit through Panama Canal, and now Rotterdam may have problems.  There are big problems now on Coral Princess which just refueled in Barbados.  EM

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

https://people.com/travel/carnival-corporation-says-6000-passengers-are-currently-stranded-at-sea-on-its-cruise-ships/

As of the deadline Monday night, however, CLIA confirmed to PEOPLE that 3.6% percent of its 277 member vessels had not yet made it back, meaning approximately 10 ships with passengers on board are still at sea. Another five are docked but cannot yet disembark.

Interesting I really had no idea that there ships still out an about ,I mean I know there are LONG cruises as in 40 50 day cruises even longer that that. Just assumed once all hell broke loose they made arrangements and figured something out for all of those cruises. Just common sense to me.  But hopefully they are ok and get home soon. 

2 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

You don't read other boards, do you?  HAL has big problems on Zaandam; they transferred some guests to Rotterdam prior to express transit through Panama Canal, and now Rotterdam may have problems.  There are big problems now on Coral Princess which just refueled in Barbados.  EM

That one I knew , The governor of FL is making that one quite an issue . But none of the others one have made any news that I have read .

32 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

No kidding.  I was just about to reply to Roger to again give benefit of the doubt.  There ARE several cruises out there with sick/dying/dead pax that are unable to port simply because everyone is scared & no one wants “someone else’s problems”.  Stranded is a fair term for most if not all day pax currently at sea.  Hope they all are accepted somewhere & get home safely.  Most were Dec 2019 thru Feb 2020 cruises when “who knew”.