Has anyone received a cash refund yet?

MudderBear

Cancelled 3/11 Mediterranean Empires for three. Was told 7-4 days then 3 weeks then 60 days and now 90 days.

The only good news is that I read the CCL recent bond offering was an overwhelming success and they also raised money through taking on some long term debt - they should have enough cash to get then through at least 2023. Plus, they are depending on everyone using those FCC - that is part of their ability to recover from this.

At the very least their customers are the last ones that CCL will leave holding the bag if they ever want business again - they need us to survive.

While waiting makes me anxious, a little reading on their financial moves this week makes me feel a little bit more patient. 

If anyone does see their credit come through - maybe they can come back and post on this thread so we know there are credits being processed. 

Take care and be well.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thyme2go said:

YES!    Randomness with a majority MIA..................  : /

Interestingly I received my  50 percent cash cruise credit and 3 of my four excursions back rather quickly.   We cancelled very early in March; slightly before the onslaught I believe.  Still waiting for my fourth excursion to be credited  - not complaining or woe is me;  just citing this as an example of how oddly  it is going.  All four of my excursions were booked at the same time by the way.  My TA contacted HAL and they stated that my fourth excursion credit will appear on my final statement  as will the update of my FCC> - but they are not sure when statements will be sent out - no time frame given.

On the 10th of March we cancelled an April 2nd boarding for a 39 day Noordam cruise from Sydney to Vancouver, that was  2 days before the end of the 25% refund stage . We had platinum insurance so actually received  a 92.5 % refund of the fare.  We had only four prepurchased items and excursions.  The cruise refund was credited to the card on the day I cancelled the cruise , the prepurchased items were credited on the 13th of March. We also received some FCC the amount of which I will find out sometime in the future. I'm out of pocket for just the platinum insurance, about $3600 Cdn. C'est la vie. The booking and cancellation were through a PCC.

I also received full refunds on private booked air fare and third party medical insurance.

March 10th was prior to the biggest load of fecal matter hit the fan but is was visible on the horizon so I got in before the rush. Maybe having the platinum insurance and using a PCC helped speed the process.