Future Cruise Credit [Cancellation email] My NCL Experience

Tom_3777

Today I receive my Future Cruise Credit [Cancellation email] for half of what I paid for. 

My total was $2655 for my May 9th Cruise on the Joy

I only received $1,071.50 FCC at first I thought why isn't it showing the full price I paid. I then went back and looked at my CONFIRMATION GUEST COPY and I see this below. [Look at the picture at the end of my post]

To see the other $1,071.50 FCC I had to make a new account for Guest #2 with there latitude number that ncl made up themselves. After I made guests #2 account only then could I see the other half of the fair in Guests #2 account. 

My Questions

Nowhere do I see a FCC for the Gov Tax/Port Exp/Fees $1,028.48 guest#1 $259.12 guest#2 $259.12 guest#3 $255.12 guest#4 $255.12 How will I get this money back?

Why are my Future Cruise Credit's Split between 2 guests? when I paid with one credit card and the other guests didn't even have a ncl account to begin with.

___

I requested a refund for my Prepaid Service Charges (gratuities) on February 9th I was told I would receive the refund for $420 in 7-10 business days today is 4/3/2020  its almost been one month. To this day I still don't see the refund in my cc. I called ncl multiple times and they told me there busy/slow processing refunds they have many, it will take some time just to wait patiently etc, they cant make it any faster. 

___

Starting march 13th I will request a Cash (cc) refund https://www.ncl.com/case-submission/peace-of-mind do I have to request 2 refunds for guest 1 and guest 2 or just do it once? I also read this when clicking the link above

Suspended Sailings – Refund Request

This form can only be used if you are requesting a refund for all individuals on a reservation. Partial refunds are not allowed. By submitting this form, I confirm that I am authorized to cancel the above reservation on behalf of all persons on the subject reservation, and I understand that the refund will be returned to the original form of payment. 

To add to my frustration this was going to be my first cruise I am extremely disappointed at NCL, all this have done is caused me many headaches and nerves and I will mostly NEVER CRUISE WITH NCL or prob any cruise company again unless I change my mind in the future. 

25840100_moneytotal.png.cb0100cb488af4d1de8ee59ddfee23b3.png

Edited by Tom_3777

I got an email for a credit on my Saturday sailing and I too requested the refund.  I’m hoping that this is an automated email, but now I need to do some digging which I’ve got no time for.  I think it’s close to the 1400 per person I paid for but need to look that up too. Ugh...

On the 4880$ i paid +500$ cruisenext credit, i only got 4200$ fcc split in 2 accounts and no cruisenext credit to show for. Why is there 680$ and 500$ cruisenext missing? Is it the airfare that ncl booked for me? Is it the all inclusive breverage gratuities? Is it the port taxes? Its frustrating how little they give you details. 😞

2 hours ago, electro said:

I too requested a refund and got a FCC today. I'm hoping that this is automatic and when they issue the refund, the FCC will disappear.

I also requested a refund and got the FCC today.  I called and they told me everyone is getting the FCC, but will disappear once they issue the refund.

How are people requesting refunds on the April 12-May 10 cruises?  The refund form isn't available until April 13, so no refund processing yet.  You can use the FCC to book a new cruise if you wish as soon as the FCC is in your account.

But to answer questions, based on my experience from the first round of cancellations:

FCC is bulk loaded into Latitudes account of each passenger.  The CN certificates are excluded from the base FCC because they will be returned to your account but are included in the 25% additional FCC.  Each person on the reservation will get an email with the breakdown of their FCC credits, and the FCC will go into the individual NCL accounts.

If you do not want the FCC, you can request a refund and the credits will be returned the way they were paid.  So if one person paid, they get the full refund.  If everyone paid individually, they will get back what they paid. At this point in time, the process is to request a refund for the reservation - not by person. Once the refund is processed, the FCC will be deleted from all of the MyNCL accounts.

Originally, insurance was excluded but NCL has decided to return that as well - I don't know the details.

I have read that if you want all of the FCC returned to the person who booked the cruise, you will have to call NCL.

Has anyone who prepaid for gratuities / other prepaid services that requested a refund in February get there money back yet to your cc?

I requested a refund for my Prepaid gratuities on 2/9/2020 I was told I would receive the refund  in 7-10 business days. Its 4/4/2020 I still didn't get anything refunded I'm pissed and irritated.

Is it possible to file a cc chargeback after a month of waiting or what should I do? ugh...

Edited by Tom_3777

I paid $2300 for our cancelled cruise for 2 (including a $250 cruise next deposit) and I'm showing a future cruise credit of $488 plus bonus....I have no idea where this number even came from and is nowhere near what we paid. 

I tried to call but the man was outright rude. He didn't even ask my name or look up my booking. He told me to give it a few days. 

15 minutes ago, newistcruiseaddict said:

I paid $2300 for our cancelled cruise for 2 (including a $250 cruise next deposit) and I'm showing a future cruise credit of $488 plus bonus....I have no idea where this number even came from and is nowhere near what we paid. 

I tried to call but the man was outright rude. He didn't even ask my name or look up my booking. He told me to give it a few days. 

FCC is split by everyone on the ticket.  CN certificate is deducted from from FCC for original owner.  Insurance may be subtracted (not sure how that is tracked).  Some fees are returned (water, additional dining etc).  So you'd have to look at how you got to 2300 and look at the other accounts.

On 4/3/2020 at 7:28 AM, Tom_3777 said:

Today I receive my Future Cruise Credit [Cancellation email] for half of what I paid for. 

To see the other $1,071.50 FCC I had to make a new account for Guest #2 ...

Same with me but I called and they assured me Guest 2 was there. 

FWIW, I haven't done anything and my account was credited with the 125% FCC.

31 minutes ago, julig22 said:

FCC is split by everyone on the ticket.  CN certificate is deducted from from FCC for original owner.  Insurance may be subtracted (not sure how that is tracked).  Some fees are returned (water, additional dining etc).  So you'd have to look at how you got to 2300 and look at the other accounts.

Still dont see it. Only 2 passengers. No insurance. I only paid mandatory fees on free bar package. Care to take a crack at it?

Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 15.46.38.png

Edited by newistcruiseaddict

Got our emails on Friday. Split unequally between me and my husbands accounts. When added together it was what we paid out of pocket minus the 50% bonus that we are supposed to receive. Cruise Next deposits have not shown up yet. Called (long hold times) and was told they are still working on everything. We have already rebooked for an October cruise and they have not had us pay even the deposit due to this wait.

• 2 months later...

Our 2 B2B  cruises departing Hawaii To Tahiti 23 Oct and Tahiti to Sydney 6 Nov have been suspended. We were told a refund would be automatically processed but I see other people have had to apply for it.  I checked our Latitudes account and the cruises are no longer showing on the account but we don’t have the refund or the FCC either. Is this normal? (Whatever normal is these days, lol!)

Edited by AlanaJ
Added comment

AlanaJ, expect your FCC to be automatic (but don't expect to see it until June 25th).  If you are wanting a refund, you will likely need to apply.  For our Sept 25 Cruise, the refund form is not even available until until July 6 - 17.  You should have received an email from NCL....mine was dated June 16th.  However, if they don't have your email address, you can still look on their website.  At the top it usually has information on COVID and cancelled sailings.  Hope this helps.

7 hours ago, AlanaJ said:

Our 2 B2B  cruises departing Hawaii To Tahiti 23 Oct and Tahiti to Sydney 6 Nov have been suspended. We were told a refund would be automatically processed but I see other people have had to apply for it.  I checked our Latitudes account and the cruises are no longer showing on the account but we don’t have the refund or the FCC either. Is this normal? (Whatever normal is these days, lol!)

For cruises cancelled prior to final payment date, the refunds (so far anyway) have been automatic.  I think it took around 2 weeks before there was a credit to my credit card - that timeline will vary depending on how your credit card processes refunds.  You will not get any FCC.

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

For cruises cancelled prior to final payment date, the refunds (so far anyway) have been automatic.  I think it took around 2 weeks before there was a credit to my credit card - that timeline will vary depending on how your credit card processes refunds.  You will not get any FCC.

Thank you so much for,your reply.  They did say in the email we would get a 10% FCC which is better than nothing!

7 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

AlanaJ, expect your FCC to be automatic (but don't expect to see it until June 25th).  If you are wanting a refund, you will likely need to apply.  For our Sept 25 Cruise, the refund form is not even available until until July 6 - 17.  You should have received an email from NCL....mine was dated June 16th.  However, if they don't have your email address, you can still look on their website.  At the top it usually has information on COVID and cancelled sailings.  Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for your reply! Our emails were dated 9th June to cancel both legs of cruise (We were not too surprised) but as mentioned in email it states automatic refund and 10% FCC, lets see what happens on 25th June!

44CD38EB-CF84-4720-9505-A1B7E4E42BEF.png

1 hour ago, AlanaJ said:

Thank you so much for,your reply.  They did say in the email we would get a 10% FCC which is better than nothing!

Humph!  They cancelled my Alaska cruise (also said for redeployment) and I didn't get anything but a refund. 

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Humph!  They cancelled my Alaska cruise (also said for redeployment) and I didn't get anything but a refund. 

Well, let’s see if we actually get anything! We won’t hold our breath !