clap for

We live opposite Southampton port. When we have the clap for carers at 8pm on a thursday, we having clapping, bells, bagpipes (OH swore he heard some)  and finally all the ships in Southampton ports' horns and a couple of fireworks this time.

I will see if i can record it next time..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

We could just about hear the ships horns in the distance, but bagpipes??? 😊

I could have drifted down from Scotland if the wind was in the right direction 😆. Stay well. 

Avril 

• Like 1

Yes, we could hear ship's horns too - probably from Poole.  Also clapping, cheering, fireworks and a round of Hip, Hip, Hooray  - quite emotional.  (But no bagpipes!)  Heart-warming stuff and so well deserved.  

• Like 2

All pipers were asked to play the same tune (Scotland the Brave) at 8pm last night, it was really moving to hear. There are plenty of pipers up here as you would expect.

The great highland bagpipes can be heard on the wind at a distance of up to 10 miles so a single piper a few miles away in any direction would be audible.

• Like 1

BIG CLAP CLAP from Batemans Bay, Australia, well to the NHS and all the first responders, Ambos, Firies and Police and the Military.  A long way to go.1531585403_th(2).jpg.aae6ffde84030a8b89c29d3e7c0c14eb.jpg The piper is great, thanks.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

That was lovely. I could have listened to more. I love to hear the bagpipes. He plays them extremely well. Is he a piper?
Avril 

Thank you Adawn47 yes he plays very well. He was a Pipe Major in the Irish Guards and in fact was the Sovereign’s Piper for several years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tangoqueen said:

Thank you Adawn47 yes he plays very well. He was a Pipe Major in the Irish Guards and in fact was the Sovereign’s Piper for several years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You must be so proud.

Avril 

• 2 weeks later...