Should X keep the buffet self serve, staff serve or replace with a food hall?

NutsAboutGolf

Should X keep the buffet self serve, staff serve or replace with a food hall?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Should X keep the buffet self serve, staff serve or replace with a food hall?

• Keep the buffet as is, self serve
    • Keep the buffet but make it staff-serve
    • Replace the buffet with a food court/food hall

On 4/7/2020 at 9:33 AM, Ride-The-Waves said:

All Main Dining Rooms (MDR) need to be eliminated.  Not only are they packed too close for comfortable dining and conversation, but they are hot beds of virus (corona and noro) transmission.  The actual food is better in the buffets and they offer healthier choices.

If so, then all restaurants whether on land or at sea , including Specialty restaurants, would be eliminated . 

Not very practical , terrible for the Restaurant Industry, and even worse for folks that enjoy going out for dinner other than Tim Horton's drive through ( Canada  ).

" The actual food is better in the buffets and they offer healthier choices " .

Let's agree to disagree on that .

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 8:58 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

But unless it has changed, you get the stare of death if you ask for a little more than they put on your plate (like, 2 scoops of broccoli rather than 1). 

On 4/7/2020 at 8:31 AM, auntjoy036 said:

I got the evil eye at the buffet a time or two. If I chose the same stations for both of us, the second time through I got some ugly looks and skimpy servings.

Agree. I like to "sample", and take very small servings to see if I like something. If yes, I'm going back for a bit more. Never leave excess food on my plate. For me, doing several "rounds" is a big part of the fun.

• Like 2

I hope they keep the buffet as is except for the Staff wearing gloves and serving the food onto a plate that the Guest picks up themselves with a napkin and utensils.

We have always found a wide variety of excellent tasting foods  ( American, Asian, Indian, Mexican , Italian ) with choices changing on a daily basis.  The many selections of cheeses, breads, salads , cakes, deserts, and , the ice cream bar make for an excellent buffet. 

If everyone observes cleanliness and social distancing it will make for enjoyable dining .

Looking forward and hope it's not too long in the future .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

I hope they keep the buffet as is except for the Staff wearing gloves and serving the food onto a plate that the Guest picks up themselves with a napkin and utensils.

We have always found a wide variety of excellent tasting foods  ( American, Asian, Indian, Mexican , Italian ) with choices changing on a daily basis.  The many selections of cheeses, breads, salads , cakes, deserts, and , the ice cream bar make for an excellent buffet. 

If everyone observes cleanliness and social distancing it will make for enjoyable dining .

Looking forward and hope it's not too long in the future .

I intentionally kept self serve vague; after I posted this, I saw a post C19 CCL video of a cruise out of my home state of CAm where the staff wearing a glove, was asking guests to hand them a plastic cup so they can pour the drink for them.  That literally does no good. lol