CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

56 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh, by the way, both my refunds were back on the card today!!!!

Well done Andy, you have more patience than me. Living as near as you do to Carnival House, I would have been beating the door down. Still all good in the end.

Edited by bee-ess
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Well done Andy, you have more patience than me. Living as near as you do to Carnival House, I would have been beating the door down. Still all good in the end.

I did pop down there about 6 weeks in but all locked up. 

Not sure what I would have done though, not much of a souter... 

Andy 

34 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Andy, that just beggars belief.  I am so pleased for you and Michelle.  Personally we have had a wonderful week.  Got our refunds.  The dog has finally tested negative for heartworm (rescued from Spain) and we have had our chimney repaired by two of the best workmen I have ever come across.

xx

Excellent news about your dog.

Indeed a good week for you.

Edited by grapau27

48 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Congrats Andy. I may set the record, day 72 and still waiting.

I am on day 70 tomorrow, so feel sure it will be our turn next 🤔

Been promised a cheque in the post this week .....I have already polished the letter box for the occasion!

Chin up, we will get there!

• Like 3

Just now, alpha whiskey said:

Been promised a cheque in the post this week .....I have already polished the letter box for the occasion!

Fingers crossed for you. 

Andy 

Just now, alpha whiskey said:

Fingers crossed for you that your refund arrives this week and great you still keep a good sense of humour.

38 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

That would be nice Graham, but it was just another fob off that shows they really are in a pickle. 

Andy 

Quite agree - as ever, there is a big shortage of coordinated communication.

Pleased that your persistence has been rewarded - enjoy the rest the bank holiday sunshine 😎 

Hopefully Bob's and Alpha Whiskey's red letter days are coming tomorrow.

Edited by No pager thank you
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Congrats.

Hopefully they are working on refunding Southampton customers for an hour or two this week, then I can stop checking my banking Aps like a kid searching for Christmas presents.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Twogreynomads said:

Wonderful news Andy, you have been very patient..

Crack open a bottle and celebrate.

Now about that contribution to the new ship .......

Viv

16 minutes ago, Twogreynomads said:

Wonderful news Andy, you have been very patient..

Crack open a bottle and celebrate.

Now about that contribution to the new ship .......

Viv

Thanks Viv.. 

It's ironic though, I still would rather have had the cruises... But, glad to have our money back. 

Andy 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Congrats.

Hopefully they are working on refunding Southampton customers for an hour or two this week, then I can stop checking my banking Aps like a kid searching for Christmas presents.

Ha, yes. 

Fingers crossed for you Steve. 

Lets just hope it arrives before Christmas. 😊

Andy 

13 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Quite agree - as ever, there is a big shortage of coordinated communication.

Pleased that your persistence has been rewarded - enjoy the rest the bank holiday sunshine 😎

Hopefully Bob's and Alpha Whiskey's red letter days are coming tomorrow.

At least the list is reducing by the day, hopefully they will have the old ones sorted before the next announcement. 

Andy 

• Like 1

Are you lot still going on about email addresses... 

Swiftly followed by a message from P&O saying we will receive a cheque within 7 days... 

Very pleased, but the incompetence is astounding... 

Andy 

Brilliant news

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Swiftly followed by a message from P&O saying we will receive a cheque within 7 days... 

Andy 

Absolutely fantastic news, bet you're relieved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

At last! Well done Andy. What a relief. Your patience has been admirable. I think your case has been one of the most interesting (and telling) examples of the damage that P&O has inflicted on its reputation. As a P&O loyalist you were very supportive and understanding of their plight for quite a time and probably the most measured voice on here. As this saga has dragged on and on, whilst you have retained your measured tone, your frustration with P&O and loyalty to them has been understandably stretched to its limits. Whilst I am sure that many other cruise lines have behaved as badly, it is interesting how many of us who have only ever cruised with P&O are now casting our eyes elsewhere. That’s not to say that we won’t cruise with them again, but they have surely lost a lot of brand advocates as a result of the way they have handled this whole refund debacle?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

At last! Well done Andy. What a relief. Your patience has been admirable. I think your case has been one of the most interesting (and telling) examples of the damage that P&O has inflicted on its reputation. As a P&O loyalist you were very supportive and understanding of their plight for quite a time and probably the most measured voice on here. As this saga has dragged on and on, whilst you have retained your measured tone, your frustration with P&O and loyalty to them has been understandably stretched to its limits. Whilst I am sure that many other cruise lines have behaved as badly, it is interesting how many of us who have only ever cruised with P&O are now casting our eyes elsewhere. That’s not to say that we won’t cruise with them again, but they have surely lost a lot of brand advocates as a result of the way they have handled this whole refund debacle?

Summed up perfectly Selborne. 

Being made to feel like a mug because you don't shout is not a nice feeling and it has soured my feelings towards them, but I have always been aware that P&O are far from perfect, especially as far as customer service is concerned. 

I will never say never as the main reason for sailing with them is value for money and we have had many great cruises, but it has made me re think how we will cruise in the future, with possibly less holidays but better quality. 

Then again, I will probably see 7 nights on Iona for £350 and won't be able to resist... I wish I had more willpower 😊

Andy 

• Like 1

At least the list is reducing by the day, hopefully they will have the old ones sorted before the next announcement. 

Andy 

Just got an email from my TA.

Apparently they are looking into my refund request.🤔🤣

• Haha 2