CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

11 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

P&O Cruisephrase - new game show...just say what you see Mr Chips doing folks

You buzzed....

"Refunding my money?..."

No, it's good but it's not quite right...

You're frozen out for a minimum of 60 days.😭

Roy Walker who hosted catchphrase until 1999 was also a regular on P&O ships who we liked and was a great comedian too.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

Good Morning

I thought it would now be beneficial for us poor lost souls to have a new thread and I am happy to take over the baton from Andy.  I know of Galeforce9 and Canberra forever and possibly  Wowzz who have been somewhat "dumped in a black hole" by P.O.  I have just tried to contact the relevant TA but imagine " they are currently experiencing a very high call volume"  I dont suppose that any of the callers are booking new cruises.  So if anyone has any information regarding our plight after actually making contact, please could you post. We may yet break the number of refund waiting days from Bob. 

Strange thing is when I rang the TA around 10am I would get the usual spiel of we are experiencing a large volume of calls with a wait time of 1 hour please ring later.

After holding on for a minute the next message was :-

our opening times are 11AM.??

Really?

After 73 days waiting for a deposit refund , received an e-mail and telephone call this morning, requesting my bank details to enable them to escalate the refund.

This I believe was in response to my daily e-mail,

Today,s version:

Come on Paul give us a clue! 73 days!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Update. T.A rang me as they noticed a missed call. I explained politely  that I would like either the finance director or a manager to call me as I realised the young  lady who rang me would only give the apologetic spiel and it wasnt her who should now be pro active. Awaiting the said return call. All I want is confirmation that we are now a priority and an email to confirm when the refund has physically been processed. 

• Like 2

What P&O don't seem to understand is there are many more customers, me included, who's balance is not yet due and are still undecided whether to cancel before the balance is due, or pay, and if the cruise is eventually cancelled accept FCC,  and in turn putting more revenue into P&O's coffers. This whole debacle that I have been keeping up with on these threads is making me more and more likely to cut my losses and run. Two months to go.  We'll wait and see. 

Avril 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Just waiting for Tom O'Connor to be announced.

I met Tom O`Connor in a lift on Arcadia in 20009

I didnt go to his first show but dinner companions did and said he was fantastic

Went to his last show on our 10 day cruise and it was standing room only, He was FANTASTIC and SO funny, He never let the Cruise Director get a word in edge ways for an hour 

• Like 1

Emailed the two ladies from P&O whose works email address appeared earlier in this thread...

One reply - pretty generic email..........

Second lady, known to help people and forum members to obtain their refunds...... Nada !!

If they want my future business they will have to refund me for this cruise first

24 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

What P&O don't seem to understand is there are many more customers, me included, who's balance is not yet due and are still undecided whether to cancel before the balance is due, or pay, and if the cruise is eventually cancelled accept FCC,  and in turn putting more revenue into P&O's coffers. This whole debacle that I have been keeping up with on these threads is making me more and more likely to cut my losses and run. Two months to go.  We'll wait and see. 

Avril 

We intend to pay our balance when due P&O are not going broke so my money will be safe,and if we go on the cruise we very much to enjoy ourselves.

22 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

I met Tom O`Connor in a lift on Arcadia in 20009

I didnt go to his first show but dinner companions did and said he was fantastic

Went to his last show on our 10 day cruise and it was standing room only, He was FANTASTIC and SO funny, He never let the Cruise Director get a word in edge ways for an hour 

We always found him very funny and friendly.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Whilst sitting in the garden this morning enjoying a coffee, Pauline and I were discussing our Sept B2B where the balance is due next month. After previously thinking we would cancel and put the deposit into a FCC, we now are considering paying the balance and hoping that cruising is up and running by then, and FCO travel restrictions lifted.

We are fortunate that we can afford to tie up the money, possibly for 6 months, if  we cannot cruise, and would really like to get a holiday this year if at all possible.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

We intend to pay our balance when due P&O are not going broke so my money will be safe,and if we go on the cruise we very much to enjoy ourselves.

I don't believe P&O will be going broke either, and we're still desperately  hanging on to the hope that our November cruise still goes ahead. I'm waiting to see when the next cutoff date will be,  that's if there is one of course.

Avril 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Emailed the two ladies from P&O whose works email address appeared earlier in this thread...

One reply - pretty generic email..........

Second lady, known to help people and forum members to obtain their refunds...... Nada !!

If they want my future business they will have to refund me for this cruise first

I would suggest sending her a reminder because she is good.

Sometimes she emailed me back straight away and other times later that day or next day.

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't believe P&O will be going broke either, and we're still desperately  hanging on to the hope that our November cruise still goes ahead. I'm waiting to see when the next cutoff date will be,  that's if there is one of course.

Avril 

Ours is October but as my beloved said if I cancel it she will start cooking again

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Whilst sitting in the garden this morning enjoying a coffee, Pauline and I were discussing our Sept B2B where the balance is due next month. After previously thinking we would cancel and put the deposit into a FCC, we now are considering paying the balance and hoping that cruising is up and running by then, and FCO travel restrictions lifted.

We are fortunate that we can afford to tie up the money, possibly for 6 months, if  we cannot cruise, and would really like to get a holiday this year if at all possible.

Our feelings exactly. We have been really looking forward to our 19 nighter on Arcadia since we booked it in September. We're lucky enough to let the money sit too as we have a " cruise fund" 😊

Avril 

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

Ha! Tom O'Connor was on one of our cruises (2008 I think) and his show was great! He was also very visible around the ship and seemed a friendly chap. I still remember him queueing up at reception like any other passenger and chatting to others in the queue with him.

I agree I saw him on Oriana in 2014 and when he first started I thought he was a little ropey but he soon got going and had the theatre in hysterics! Second act a couple of days later the theatre filled up very quickly so word must have got round! 

We found Roy Walker hilarious. We saw both shows and it was standing room only both nights. I laughed so much I couldn't catch my breath. We'd definitely go to see him again. Such a genuine down to earth nice guy.

Avril 

• Like 1

This ‘hole’ mentioned seems to be from ones that T/A’s were supposed to be sorting them it  seems.

Twice I phoned P&O about my refund and both people I spoke to said if I’d claimed through the online form and got the pop up acknowledging it I was definitely in the right ‘queue’ a few days later I got my refund. I booked direct.

Edited by P&O SUE

36 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Funnily enough hubby and I had a similar discussion about our October cruise. I keep changing my mind. Balance due early July so we’ve still got time to decide.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Our feelings exactly. We have been really looking forward to our 19 nighter on Arcadia since we booked it in September. We're lucky enough to let the money sit too as we have a " cruise fund" 😊

Avril 

It was reading about cruise lines like NCL and Carnival in trouble which concerned me and why we opted for refund instead of FCC.

We have a cruise on Iona booked for next year around the same price and if they had allowed us to transfer to that with 125% FCC we might have been tempted.

Edited by grapau27

39 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We found Roy Walker hilarious. We saw both shows and it was standing room only both nights. I laughed so much I couldn't catch my breath. We'd definitely go to see him again. Such a genuine down to earth nice guy.

Avril 

Absolutely agree.

We have a week' cruise booked for mid september with a different cruise line and will almost certainly transfer it to a similar cruise in 2021 (unless they cancel before balance due in which case we would get a refund) We also have a cruise booked on Arcadia in October and are less certain about that whether to pay the balance and see if it goes ahead and receive a refund if not or just transfer it to a FCC.It includes ports we have not previously visited and there is nothing identical next year so we will wait until nearer the balance due date and decide later.

We saw Roy Walker years ago on Artemis.  Great shows.  During the day he used to come along and join in the dance classes.  Seen Tom O'Connor a couple of times as well.  First time I didn't think he would be my cup of tea, but ended up really enjoying the show, hence been to his shows whenever he's been on the ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

After 73 days waiting for a deposit refund , received an e-mail and telephone call this morning, requesting my bank details to enable them to escalate the refund.

This I believe was in response to my daily e-mail,

Today,s version:

Come on Paul give us a clue! 73 days!

I think he is.

Clueless.