CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 hour ago, lancashire lassie said:

Good Afternoon Cruisers,

Having had our 12th April Britannia cruise cancelled, and requesting a refund, I have been watching this thread with much interest.

I was never able to get through by phone, so requested a refund by e-mail on 25th March, filled in the web form on 30th March, and bizarrely received a scary  looking cancellation invoice dated 28th March which would have charged us almost the full amount we had paid, but later on of course we were told to disregard the amounts as they were incorrect.   Surely in this day and age if it's possible to get a man on the moon, it should have been possible to put the correct amount of refund on the cancellation invoice, or at least an explanatory note?  I then decided to be patient and see what developed, although took the precaution of informing our CC company of our predicament, just in case.

So, I am delighted to say that quite by chance we checked our bank balance this afternoon and it seems that we have now been refunded the main cost of the cruise we paid direct  to P & O and are now awaiting a small amount we paid to a T.A.  as a deposit when we first booked.

I do not blame any of the staff in Southampton for this shambles whatsoever (including you know who at the top), as they will have to do what their Masters  at Carnival in the U.S.A.  instruct them to do.  ABTA have not covered themselves in glory either.  After all, if a holiday is described as 'ABTA  protected, how much confidence would that now give anyone?   Maybe the way forward to give people confidence in booking  (but don't hold your breath), is to pay a good size deposit for a future cruise, but the balance to be paid when you actually check in at embarkation.  When this whole pandemic emergency is over, I look forward to reading about the companies who handled things well and came out of it smelling of roses I.e. the Premierinn Company, and which Companies will be used as a warning as to how to handle matters better and don't damage your hard earned reputation along the way.

Finally, have we celebrated this afternoon.  Heck Yes.  No champagne today.  That will wait for our next cruise.  We are British after all.  We had a nice cup of tea.  Kit Kat for me and ginger biscuits for the other half.

Stay Safe, and remember, this situation will be over one day and normal life will return.

Excellent news 

I emailed a couple of times about our deposit and that turned up 4 days after our main Refund.

19 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yay, good for you.

Jean, you were criticised for posting the email address but it was that lady who sorted it out. Paid into my bank direct. No email,  but what do you expect from a company ran the way they are. 

Thanks Jean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Wait for it.   Woo hoo !  

Yes, got MY money. 

Just hope others who have been waiting as long as I have get theirs.

Fantastic news Bob, so pleased for you. 

We seemed to be following similar paths so watched with interest.. 

Not many left now I don't think? 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DamianG said:

Yes, at last! Let me send you both a celebratory drink.

Sorry it's not your favourite brand but I think that wannabe queue jumper lady I mentioned previously nabbed it all in our local Sainsburys.

IMG_0965.JPG

Thank you Damian... 

Cheers!!! 

Andy 

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Wait for it.   Woo hoo !  

Yes, got MY money. 

Just hope others who have been waiting as long as I have get theirs.

Afraid not my lucky day today.

But I've now broken the 70 days. Maybe I'll be whoop whooping tomorrow.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Afraid not my lucky day today.

But I've now broken the 70 days. Maybe I'll be whoop whooping tomorrow.

I do hope so. You get into a frame of mind when you doubt you will ever see it on your balance. I couldn't believe it when I saw mine had been boosted by over £3200.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I do hope so. You get into a frame of mind when you doubt you will ever see it on your balance. I couldn't believe it when I saw mine had been boosted by over £3200.

So happy for you. Must be a massive relief.

I've got a good feeling about tomorrow .... 

• Like 2

Me again....still waiting .... 

Worryingly just read a post on the Facebook page where a gentleman had spoken direct to P&O re his missing refund from March booked through the same TA as me and they admitted that the March refunds from said large TA had all been missed off the system and had not been actioned 🙁 ...... guess that explains my missing refund which was cancelled on the 12th March, but not the refund of the cruise on the 14th March booked direct with P&O 😳