Azura ‘smell’ and cabin position

P&O SUE

7 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Because of having to staff up the ships, not all ships will return in day one. I would imagine that it will be a phased return over a month or so therefore one ship in dry dock isn’t an issue.

Yes that seems probable to me.

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

After asking P&O when Azura's refit would now take place, this is their reply.

"Hi,

We are continuing to monitor the situation with Covid 19 and the impact that this is having on our sailings. 

Once we have a clearer idea of when sailings can potentially resume then we will know more about Azura's refit."

Thanks for  posting that John, even though it doesn’t really tell us much! 

17 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Because of having to staff up the ships, not all ships will return in day one. I would imagine that it will be a phased return over a month or so therefore one ship in dry dock isn’t an issue.

Can't see any of the Med cruises happening this Summer though as I imagine that places like France, Spain, Portugal and Italy won't be in a hurry to have cruise ships docking and thousands of people getting off and wandering around.. The fly / cruise to Malta won' be happening either. Other than Norway am not really sure where they would be able to go … and that's if Norway are keen to open borders !

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Can't see any of the Med cruises happening this Summer though as I imagine that places like France, Spain, Portugal and Italy won't be in a hurry to have cruise ships docking and thousands of people getting off and wandering around.. The fly / cruise to Malta won' be happening either. Other than Norway am not really sure where they would be able to go … and that's if Norway are keen to open borders !

Try telling P&O that the fly cruise to Malta wont be happening !!!!!!!!

We have a fly cruise booked with flights to Malta,

Jet 2 have cancelled all flights upto June 17th and that includes Our flight to Malta

When we contacted P&O to see if our cruise was now definitely cancelled seeing as our flights were guess what we got told  ? We are looking at sourcing alternative options  

15 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

Try telling P&O that the fly cruise to Malta wont be happening !!!!!!!!

We have a fly cruise booked with flights to Malta,

Jet 2 have cancelled all flights upto June 17th and that includes Our flight to Malta

When we contacted P&O to see if our cruise was now definitely cancelled seeing as our flights were guess what we got told  ? We are looking at sourcing alternative options  

Like a rowing boat ?????? Hope you are fit ...

Most likely the borders wont be open to the countries anyway.

Very sad though - poor Oceana is sitting in Dover at the moment. We sometimes check the webcam and she doesn't look like she is going anywhere soon …..

PS And if anyone says she will be bean cans soon I will sulk ! ;-)

Edited by Presto2

17 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Very sad though - poor Oceana is sitting in Dover at the moment. We sometimes check the webcam and she doesn't look like she is going anywhere soon …..

PS And if anyone says she will be bean cans soon I will sulk ! 😉

I so wanted to say it, but I won't... 

I don't want you pressing that report button... 😊

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

PS And if anyone says she will be bean cans soon I will sulk ! 😉

We Dont expect Oceana to be going  May 21st is cancelled and we are May 28th however P&O refuse to accept that it wont be sailing  , or more likely they just wont admit it to us because then we can pursue a refund . 

12 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

We Dont expect Oceana to be going  May 21st is cancelled and we are May 28th however P&O refuse to accept that it wont be sailing  , or more likely they just wont admit it to us because then we can pursue a refund . 

We have a holiday booked for May half term and it seems that no one Is giving refunds for the end of May. Not sure why, but I think P&O are following everyone else here. They're stuck between a rock and a hard place … must be a complete nightmare for anyone in the tourist industry at the minute to be fair to everyone.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We have a holiday booked for May half term and it seems that no one Is giving refunds for the end of May. Not sure why, but I think P&O are following everyone else here. They're stuck between a rock and a hard place … must be a complete nightmare for anyone in the tourist industry at the minute to be fair to everyone.

I would rather they be honest with us rather than fob us off and stall for time  trying to make out they are looking at finding us other flights to replace our already cancelled flights ,

Its the lack of honesty that I dislike . If they simply said "yes its cancelled but you wont get a refund until July/August or when ever then fine , I just want them to admit Our fly cruise will not be happening , so we can move forward and cancel / claim for other things related to the fly cruise

6 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

I would rather they be honest with us rather than fob us off and stall for time  trying to make out they are looking at finding us other flights to replace our already cancelled flights ,

Its the lack of honesty that I dislike . If they simply said "yes its cancelled but you wont get a refund until July/August or when ever then fine , I just want them to admit Our fly cruise will not be happening , so we can move forward and cancel / claim for other things related to the fly cruise

Not saying it is right, but there might be reasons that they can't do that yet that we don't know about. ???

Just a thought -----

37 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

Like what ? what reason could they have for being dishonest?  

There is no reason.  They're just desperately clinging on to the money to preserve what's left of an appalling cashflow situation.  The preservation of Carnival PLC has to come before the customer, though I suspect there are ways to prise the money out of them if money is legally repayable.

26 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

There is no reason.  They're just desperately clinging on to the money to preserve what's left of an appalling cashflow situation.  The preservation of Carnival PLC has to come before the customer, though I suspect there are ways to prise the money out of them if money is legally repayable.

Exactly my thinking, they are being dishonest simply to hold on to our money .  Its the dishonesty that I really dont like 

As I said in a previous post if they simply said to us sorry but yes your fly cruise will  not be going ahead but wont be officially cancelled yet so you wont be able to apply for a refund or FCC until after so and so date then fair enough hold on to my money but just dont continue to be dishonest.

OMG we have just booked Azura May 2021 in place of our cancelled May 2020 cruise 
we decided on 2 weeks instead of 1 week on this time
reading about these smells im devastated to realise weve booked such a ***** ship  

We were on her last cruise in Barbados before she sailed back to Southampton and to be honest we only got a slight smell of sewage on one occasion,walking through the malibar.hope your cruise goes ahead,fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GEZZA said:

We were on her last cruise in Barbados before she sailed back to Southampton and to be honest we only got a slight smell of sewage on one occasion,walking through the malibar.hope your cruise goes ahead,fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s good to know Gezza.

We have sailed 3 times on Azura, the first two times we didn't notice any smell at all, but the last one (December 2019) it was definitely there. For us it was most noticeable around the oasis pool, to the point some days it made sunbathing nigh on impossible it was that bad a smell.

Wouldn't stop us going back on her though, we would just move where we were sunbathing

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, reece.twigg-white said:

We have sailed 3 times on Azura, the first two times we didn't notice any smell at all, but the last one (December 2019) it was definitely there. For us it was most noticeable around the oasis pool, to the point some days it made sunbathing nigh on impossible it was that bad a smell.

Wouldn't stop us going back on her though, we would just move where we were sunbathing

I can certainly confirm the smell.  It's been going on for a very long time too - a matter of years.  Whether it would affect individual cabins, though, I'm not sure - we were well away from it and unaffected except when passing by the area affected.

50 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I can certainly confirm the smell.  It's been going on for a very long time too - a matter of years.  Whether it would affect individual cabins, though, I'm not sure - we were well away from it and unaffected except when passing by the area affected.

The smell is obviously there, but not many, if any say it ruined their holidays... 

Hopefully it will get sorted in the refit soon. 

Andy 

10 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I am not being a cheer leader for P&O but if you or glittergal were in charge and responsible for the company not going completely pear shaped (with a lot of people who work for them becoming redundant as well) what would you do in this current situation? It is like something that we have never seen before.

All I am saying is that there may be reasons for their actions that we do not know about. Just saying. Unless you've walked in someone else's shoes …...

If it was as easy to sort out for them then I bet they would take that option.

No I am not naïve but this isn't a normal situation we are in and I for one would not like to be the ones trying to make the decisions here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I am not being a cheer leader for P&O but if you or glittergal were in charge and responsible for the company not going completely pear shaped (with a lot of people who work for them becoming redundant as well) what would you do in this current situation? It is like something that we have never seen before.

All I am saying is that there may be reasons for their actions that we do not know about. Just saying. Unless you've walked in someone else's shoes …...

No I am not naïve but this isn't a normal situation we are in and I for one would not like to be the ones trying to make the decisions here.

Get ready for incoming Presto... 😊

I said similar a while back, it wasn't fun.. 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Get ready for incoming Presto... 😊

I said similar a while back, it wasn't fun.. 

Andy 

Have been part of CC a while now so I suppose I sort of know what to expect so will switch off for about 2 weeks ! Self isolation me thinks. You survived and we all still talk to you !

I don't want to antagonise people though, but we should all be able to say what we think.

PS Please be kind to me everyone ----- have usually been 'friends' ………………..

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Just about the entire holiday industry is in the same situation, many firms are staring at little or no cash flow in the foreseeable future. It really is extremely selfish to be demanding that these firms honour legal obligations that were written to protect customers in very different  circumstances than they are currently facing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Just about the entire holiday industry is in the same situation, many firms are staring at little or no cash flow in the foreseeable future. It really is extremely selfish to be demanding that these firms honour legal obligations that were written to protect customers in very different  circumstances than they are currently facing.

Every bit as selfish as expecting an insurance company or a financial institution facing similar problems at the moment, and there are many, to pay out on a claim or allow a withdrawal.

I agree. The company has to come first, whatever the impact on its customers who were relying on its meeting its legal obligations.

35 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Every bit as selfish as expecting an insurance company or a financial institution facing similar problems at the moment, and there are many, to pay out on a claim or allow a withdrawal.

I agree. The company has to come first, whatever the impact on its customers who were relying on its meeting its legal obligations.

Legalities don't seem to matter at the moment Harry.. 

My daughter is having a struggle with a holiday company who will only offer credit, ABTA say they shouldn't but won't do anything to enforce it at the moment... 

They have effectively said 'see you in court'... 

At least P&O are giving refunds, all be it delayed... 

Andy 

• Like 2