Have you received your credit card refund from HAL?

Have you received your credit credit card refund from HAL?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Have you received your refund via credit card from HAL since March 20?

• Yes
    • No

Cancelled March 11 for our April 6 TA cruise. Received within 10 days credit for shore excursions and prepaid wine on our credit card. We also had HAL platinum insurance cancel for any reason which I understand is not refundable. Have not received credit refund to our American Express card for the cruise air hotel transfers  nor the FCC posted to our mariners account. Every reply I get is 60 days. Is that 60 days from cancellation date or sail date or disembarkation date??  

• Like 2

On 4/13/2020 at 1:30 AM, iancal said:

This is a great example of why you should never pay until your final payment is due.

Maybe in future passengers will refuse to make final payment so far in advance.  Think about other things you buy, apart from a small deposit to hold the item, full payment is not required in advance. Making large deposits and paying final payments so far in advance, seem to be recent requirements. 

Edited by MMDown Under

15 hours ago, cruise.gal said:

Loreto-Karen....oh yes...was well aware that travel insurance policies can exclude coverage for pandemics.  What I was referring to was the premium you paid for coverage...as some are posting that the premium has been credited to their cards or coverage postponed for a future cruise...to my understanding.

We also have had incidents requiring helicopters evacuating ill passengers...one time a 13 yr old girl was airlifted to the USS Roosevelt....which came to meet our ship in Pacific waters.

My husband and I have cruised well over 100 times...since the 1980's.... the only time we had to file a claim was because we missed our connection home from Rome due to the Iceland volcano eruption...insurance promptly reimbursed our hotel stay.  Can't remember what insurance co. that was.

Am still patiently waiting for the refund(s).

cruise.gal Lu

Yes, we got our premium cost refunded within a week from Travel Insured.  We could have had it refunded or taken a voucher for the future.

Karen

We had cruise insurance and decided to cancel our 3/11 cruise 🚢  onThe Veendam on 3/9 due to my mother that was going on this cruise is 92 (I am 70) and we started getting to be more concerned about this virus.  We are still waiting for our refund and have called our travel agent. Not only have we not gotten a refund but on 3/13 Holland announced that anyone could cancel and they would get a full refund and future cruise credit for the amount of the cruise! So obviously they were aware of the seriousness of 

this epidemic but are dragging their feet on this refund.

No. We purchased the insurance and we were or be on the Veendam on 3/11. However as I was packing my car on 3/10 to drive to FLL and my 92 year old mom was preparing for her flight the next morning, after a family conference we decided this was too dangerous for our mother to go and decided to cancel. Still no partial refund. And to ad Insult to injury Holland announced on 3/13 Because of the situation with Corona They would give full refund to anyone that cancellled and a future credit for the full amount paid!