Anyone booked for May 30,2020?

AmyIllinois

I am booked also and don’t expect to be sailing. I would cancel now but they only offered me FCC.  I believe if they cancel they will refund our $.  I had a RCCL cruise booked for May 12th which was cancelled a few weeks ago.  Still waiting for our refund for that.

• Like 1

After MSC cancels you can ask for a cash/credit card refund which will only be the actual amount paid, or you can take 125% as a future cruise credit.  The credit will be issued within 14 days of the canceled cruise sailing date and can then be applied to whatever cruise you want before Dec 31, 2021.  I highlighted the word "of" because that word keeps changing.  MSC has also used the word "prior" and "after", which can have repercussions.  The policy in practice seems to be after, and sometimes well after.  The only problem is if you want to use the credit on a cruise that is already in final payment you will need to wait until you have the credit issued before booking that cruise.  On a cruise not in final payment you can go ahead and book the new cruise before the FCC is issued by putting down a new cash deposit and later use the FCC towards the balance due.  The same can be done for a future cruise you may already have booked with just a deposit.  If the FCC is more than what is needed on the next cruise the excess will be preserved as another FCC with the same expiration date.

The information is a bit vague and seems to be subject to MSC's whim but still read the FAQ regarding the FCC.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/COVID-Cruise-Cancellation-FAQ.aspx

Under the scenario MSC finds a way to make the sailing happen and you feel uncomfortable going, or if you cannot hold out waiting for MSC to cancel then you can cancel any time up to 48 hours before sailing under the Cruise Assurance program.  No cash refund will be offered and you will get a 100% FCC that also must be used by Dec 31, 2021.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Cruise-Assurance-Program-FAQ.aspx

Edited by Até

13 hours ago, AmyIllinois said:

Thank you for your replies!!  If you ask for the 125% refund can you turn around and rebook?  Does anyone know how that works?  Thanks in advance!

Sure you can rebook. But who knows when that FCC will show. We are over 21 days since applied and just over 14 days since end of cruise date.  Even prepaid items still in limbo. 

I am booked for May 30th but will not be sailing. Even if I wanted to, the airlines has made it almost impossible for me. My once non-stop flight now has me flying into Boston with an 7 hour layover with a connecting flight to Ft. Lauderdale that arrives late the night before. Then on the return flight back the only flight on Saturday is at 7:05 AM with an 8 hour layover in Boston before I head back to Cleveland. I'll pass, I cancelled my airlines. Now all I'm waiting for is the offer to receive a cash refund ( I hope). I'll book in the future, but I really don't want to tie up my money for a long period of time with an industry that is going to be very vulnerable if this thing goes to long. I don't want to be negative, but there are going to be some very large companies that are not going to survive if this lasts for months including some cruise lines. Not saying MSC will not survive. I just don't want to chance $8K of my money well into next year when I can cruise once again.