Alaska Sun Cruises Missing

Cruiser933

45 minutes ago, doubleohwhatever said:

We received the email about the Sun cruises in Alaska being canceled but couldn't figure out how to re-book and get the 20% discount. So I gave them a ring and now I'm quite disappointed. Since we had not paid in full (had until may 7th), we will only be getting an additional 20% credit on the deposit we paid. Basically we get a $120 future cruise credit.

Somebody is confused.  You will get 20% off of a future cruise when you book it, as long as you do so by 4/27.  You don't get a FCC because you are still within the regular cancellation period. 

I had to do a mock booking, then rebook in order to trigger the 20% (from a different cruise).  You have to watch the numbers carefully, because they just automatically apply the 20%, although somewhere in the small print just before you are about to go to the payment page it will tell you that the 20% has been applied.

9 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I had to do a mock booking, then rebook in order to trigger the 20% (from a different cruise).  You have to watch the numbers carefully, because they just automatically apply the 20%, although somewhere in the small print just before you are about to go to the payment page it will tell you that the 20% has been applied.

That's how I assumed it would work. However, the discount is 100% for sure not being applied for me. The rep even tried and couldn't get it to apply.

We were booked on a May 21 cruise. The email we received late this afternoon didn't offer us a chance to choose a refund, nor were we offered a 125% credit. The email simply said we would be given a Future Cruise Credit, followed by this statement: 

"Pursuant to your request, we have canceled your current reservation

and will be issuing a future cruise credit in the next seven days."

WHAT? Where did they get that? We've been quietly waiting until they canceled so we could request a credit. Guess I'll be spending some time on hold with the big box store.

Hi,

Just received the same email as you Cruise More Often, and yes, we're with the big box store too.  I called, complained, said it didn't make Norwegian look good...if I didn't know any better I'd think the FCC was my only option.   I'll be on the phone tomorrow as well, lucky for me I'm always up by 4.  

Super tacky.  I'm done with NCL.

Edited by edspec
spell check

7 minutes ago, edspec said:

Hi,

Just received the same email as you Cruise More Often, and yes, we're with the big box store too.  I called, complained, said it didn't make Norwegian look good...if I didn't know any better I'd think the FCC was my only option.   I'll be on the phone tomorrow as well, lucky for me I'm always up by 4.  

Super tacky.  I'm done with NCL.

Maybe NCL was hoping we'd be excited about the FCC option and do nothing. I did call our TA (over an hour on hold). Unfortunately, by the time I explained the email, NCL was closed. I was asked to call back tomorrow to have a TA contact NCL and get it straightened out.

A few minutes ago, one of the members of my roll call group told me the email we received is just an automated one and that we should ignore it and file for a refund on April 20. I'll call our TA again tomorrow, but definitely not as early as you. 

2 hours ago, Cruise_More_Often said:

We were booked on a May 21 cruise. The email we received late this afternoon didn't offer us a chance to choose a refund, nor were we offered a 125% credit. The email simply said we would be given a Future Cruise Credit, followed by this statement: 

"Pursuant to your request, we have canceled your current reservation

and will be issuing a future cruise credit in the next seven days."

WHAT? Where did they get that? We've been quietly waiting until they canceled so we could request a credit. Guess I'll be spending some time on hold with the big box store.

Based on the e-mail that NCL seems to have sent out to individuals, I think your beef is with your TA, not NCL, since the one posted clearly has the refund options.  The one I got from my TA was a somewhat garbled cut-and-paste as a combination of both letters, but it still had the following:

"' For guests who do not wish to avail themselves of the 125% future cruise credit, a 100% refund of the fare paid will be reimbursed to the original form of payment within 90 days of completing the request form at https://www.ncl.com/case-submission/sun-alaska-form. The form will be made available beginning April 20, 2020 and must be submitted by April 27, 2020."