My Cruises on the Carnival Spirit

GTVCRUISER

The Spirit brought me back to Carnival in 2003, after I swore I wouldn’t sail Carnival again in 1985. I eventually sailed on her 7 times, the last time on a B2B2B, on her way to Sydney in 2012. Yup, a very special ship.

Cruised the SPIRIT on my first 8-dayer out of San Diego to the Southern Mexican Riviera. Have cruised all the Spirit-classed ships, my favorite class. My "Goldilocks" class, not too big, not too small. The perfect ship layout and really enjoyed the category 4 "balconies" without the actual balcony. (You Spirit class cruisers will get that) 🙂

• Like 1

Cruised the Spirit on my best vacation ever/trip of a life time. July 2008 Northbound Vancouver to Alaska through the Inside Passage. We had a Vista Suite on the 7th deck and our BFFs had the Vista Suite on the other corner. There were only 4 aft cabin in between  so we could run back and forth from our gigantic decks as the naturalist on board announced wildlife and other sites to see. 

The Vista Suites on Spirit class ships are very special, I don’t believe there is anything comparable now in the Carnival fleet. They don’t feel as spacious as an ocean or grand suite as they are chopped up at bit but because of that you get a true two room suite with a separate bedroom and living room with an awesome bathroom/closet/dressing room in between. In addition there is a huge and amazing deck with both aft and side views. 

After sailing both the Caribbean and Alaska in a Vista Suite I can say that for Alaska there is no better way to go. I would  book two years  in advance to grab one of these cabins. The  views from the living room and bedroom are spectacular, nothing like waking up to the spectacular Alaskan views. 

Edited by LaRue1975
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, glrounds said:

Cruised the SPIRIT on my first 8-dayer out of San Diego to the Southern Mexican Riviera. Have cruised all the Spirit-classed ships, my favorite class. My "Goldilocks" class, not too big, not too small. The perfect ship layout and really enjoyed the category 4 "balconies" without the actual balcony. (You Spirit class cruisers will get that) 🙂

We definitely enjoyed the french door balcony cabin! I think since dry docks the french doors don't open anymore, but they are still an amazing value.