Gift Card Bonus

wesport

6 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

How long does it take to get the bonus gift cards after you buy the regular ones? 
A couple of days ago we made 3 purchases of $1000 gift digital gift cards. We received them immediately. There’s still no sign of the bonus gift cards.

On June 1 something changed with the gift card site.  I'd bought gift cards in late May and each time when I'd add a gift card to my cart it would automatically add the bonus card.  On June 1 that didn't happen, so I backed out.  On June 2 same thing.  Finally when it still happened on June 3 I called and ordered it over the phone - doing it that way the bonus card is delayed a couple days since it has to be keyed in manually by another department.  It arrived last night or this morning (6/5).  When I checked the site today, and pretended to order a gift card, the bonus card pops up automatically.  

So, it sounds like for a few days the site wasn't working properly - perhaps because originally the bonus offer was due to end 5/31 but then got extended to 6/30.  I would call the phone number to order gift cards and tell them what happened so they can manually get you the bonus card.  They should be able to see everything from your order #.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

So, it sounds like for a few days the site wasn't working properly - perhaps because originally the bonus offer was due to end 5/31 but then got extended to 6/30.  I would call the phone number to order gift cards and tell them what happened so they can manually get you the bonus card.  They should be able to see everything from your order #.

Sue/WDW1972

Thanks for the info. I’ll call them on Monday.

On 4/18/2020 at 7:49 AM, DaveOKC said:

While I think HAL will survive at least until next year, the issue of having to cruise by Dec 31, 2020 is a problem for me.

SW airlines is doing a similar thing - letting you purchase miles for a discount right now.  Not a bad deal if you need a few miles to book a free flight, but not really worth it IMO.

You DO NOT need to use the gift cards on a 2020 cruise.  I took advantage of this offer and combined it with the 10% off 'Have It All' promotion for a June 2021 cruise.  Was also able to use the promotional gift cards to pay for excursions (just one thing to be careful of - for some reason the HAL website won't let you combine gift cards and credit cards when paying for excursions.

We would not buy a gift card from a retail establishment.  Feel exactly the same about a gift card from a cruise line.

Not just here today, gone tomorrow issue.  It is also the time restriction business and other restrictions.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:39 AM, wesport said:

Just received and email from HAL about a gift card bonus. Buy $500 get $100 bonus. Buy $1000 get $200 bonus. 20% return on your money. Better that a CD right now. 

Does anyone know is there a limit on the amount of cards you can purchase?  Lets say I have a cruise that is $2.000 per passenger could I buy $4,000 in cards? 

5 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Does anyone know is there a limit on the amount of cards you can purchase?  Lets say I have a cruise that is $2.000 per passenger could I buy $4,000 in cards? 

From what I read in the terms and conditions there is a $10,000 daily limit......

Purchasers may not acquire Gift Cards from Holland America Line® in any given day in an aggregate amount that exceeds $10,000. Each single Gift Card may be purchased in any denomination between $25 and $2,000.

2 minutes ago, Lido - Lanai said:

Purchasers may not acquire Gift Cards from Holland America Line® in any given day in an aggregate amount that exceeds $10,000. Each single Gift Card may be purchased in any denomination between $25 and $2,000.

Lido-Lanai

Looks like I should have phrased it differently.  It appears there is a $200 bonus when purchasing a $1,000 card.  If looks as if when you purchase more than $1,000 you still only get one $200 gift card.  Does anyone know if you can purchase one at a time the cards and get the $200 bonus each time or if there is an aggregate limit of $200 to a single purchaser? 

8 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Lido-Lanai

Looks like I should have phrased it differently.  It appears there is a $200 bonus when purchasing a $1,000 card.  If looks as if when you purchase more than $1,000 you still only get one $200 gift card.  Does anyone know if you can purchase one at a time the cards and get the $200 bonus each time or if there is an aggregate limit of $200 to a single purchaser? 

You are correct with respect to the $200 maximum if you purchase more than $1,000 in a single transaction. That may be a per transaction limit, and if you purchase $1,000 in multiple/separate transactions, you may get the bonus on each transaction. I would call the gift card support phone number to be sure before proceeding.   1-855-501-4161

1 hour ago, Lido - Lanai said:

You are correct with respect to the $200 maximum if you purchase more than $1,000 in a single transaction. That may be a per transaction limit, and if you purchase $1,000 in multiple/separate transactions, you may get the bonus on each transaction. I would call the gift card support phone number to be sure before proceeding.   1-855-501-4161

I purchased $4,000.00 and received $800 in bonus certificate.

No limit up to $10,000.00 = $2,000.00