Who's on Board?

SelectSys

Needed to run an errand yesterday to the center of town and decided to take a drive by the port to see the 2 cruise ships riding it out in San Diego.  It made me think, who is left on board?  My thought that only the ship's essential crew and all of the hotel and activity staff are long gone.  Maybe even the essential crew has been reduced as well for ships that are really not cruising anywhere for the foreseeable future.

What do you all think/know about life on board these days?

I decided to attach a couple photos that I took yesterday of both the Celebrity Eclipse and Disney Wonder to remind you all of better days.

cruise 1.jpg

cruise 2.jpg

Edited by SelectSys
  • Like 1

There was a post on another board stating a certain number of people are required to operate the ship 24/7, plus feed and support those crew operating the ship. And that certain regulations define the minimum number required. It was expressed as "100-150", unless the ship is going to be totally docked and never moving until it resumes service. Then it can be far fewer.