June 29 cruise

mpaff

An excellent reason as to why no ships will sail in June is that the CDC has directed that no cruise ships will be allowed to sail from an American port until July 24th.  I believe other cruise lines (Carnival for one) have cancelled all cruises until August 1st.  

It's expected that Royal will announce the next group of cancellations within a day or so, and it should include that June 29th voyage.  Now here's what I believe happens when Royal cancels a cruise.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  The cancellation is automatic.  You get your taxes refunded in cash which will take a month or so to show up.   You might also be refunded $100 per person deposit - not sure about this.  Can someone clarify? The remainder is given back to you as Future Cruise Credit.  An FCC certificate is sent by e-mail, which will also take a month or so.   It will be for 125% of what you didn't get refunded in cash.  After you receive the certificate, you can request that it be converted to a cash refund.  But the refunded amount will be for just 100% of what is owed to you -  and guess what - this will take another month or so before it hits your account. 

9 minutes ago, zuggie said:

The cancellation is automatic.  You get your taxes refunded in cash which will take a month or so to show up.   You might also be refunded $100 per person deposit - not sure about this.  Can someone clarify?

It is automatic.  If you do nothing you get 125% FCC, taxes and fees are refunded to the original form of payment, you do not get $100 per refunded, that is included in the 125% FCC.  If you want a full refund you can get that by requesting it.  Refunds appear to be taking 3 to 8 weeks based on reports we are seeing here at CC.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

Well things have changed since the 21st when I said that.  NOW it's .01% chance of sailing 🙂

I liked the original answer better