Future Cruise Credit - Taxes & Port Expenses Missing

kjg46

Forgive me if this subject has already been covered.

Today, we received our FCC for our 3/19/20 Coral cruise. (Option 1) The FCC was calculated on the Fare Amount which is fine.

However, were not given credit for the taxes, port charges and ez-air. When I called Princess, the Rep. said that such amounts  would be moved to a "Holding Account" and used on our next booking. The princess web site does not display these amounts. I did request a email to confirm the amount to have as a record when going forward. All I received was a email schedule on how items would be handled but no specific dollar amounts.. I also mentioned that many other Folks may be calling requesting some kind of confirmation  showing the amounts to be used in the future.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this same experience.

3 hours ago, kjg46 said:

Just wondering if anyone else has had this same experience.

Here is a post on the subject from another thread.

7 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Something new as of this week, is that Princess is keeping non-fare funds, such as air, taxes, fees, etc. in a new ‘holding account’ to be used on a future cruise(s) for people who request Option 1 and are receiving FCC for their fare.  The holding account is similar to an FCC but is specific to that type of non-fare expense.

People who requested Option 2, cash refund, do not get their non-fare expenses placed in a holding account, nor should people who cancel before Princess does.

Got the FCC under option 1 .However the "holding account" does not show on the personalizer and have gotten no documentation yet from our TA or Princess. So what is or isn't in there is a guess at this point. I will give it some time before contacting someone but would like documentation of the amounts. I understand that it is automatically applied to new bookings with credit in the same category. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

Got the FCC under option 1 .However the "holding account" does not show on the personalizer and have gotten no documentation yet from our TA or Princess. So what is or isn't in there is a guess at this point. I will give it some time before contacting someone but would like documentation of the amounts. I understand that it is automatically applied to new bookings with credit in the same category. 

Thanks for the info. I guess am not the only one as indicated in my original post. Another thing, I thought we were to receive an e-mail when this FCC were posted. I did not receive any. I was just reviewing my future booking when I noticed the FCC. Also ez-air is also included in the "holding account"  I think Princess needs to add another line or two to the personalizer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is ludicrous. How are they keeping taxes and port charges on a cruise that did not happen and cost not incurred. It's not like you won't be paying appropriate taxes and port charges on the next cruise. Just an invention to keep our funds hostage. 

How are you supposed to keep track of one's balance of some arbitrary figure to match your next cruise. 

The FCC is only on the percentage of the cruise fare, the rest of it is your money. The degradation of the options continues to the point were the only thing the these cruise lines will have is their reputation, which will be nil!

Many people took option 1 because it was presented by Princess as the most valuable but many folks made that option on presumptions not facts. Therefore the percentages are not real. Karma will reveal itself as it always does! 

Edited by PHOENIXfire
Replys
  • Haha 1

Today we got half of our FCC but nothing on our CC, and nothing for our EZ-air, Gratuities, Taxes or Port Charges. Our Cruise was April 4 on the Ruby, and we choose option #2.  I guess we will keep waiting for the rest of the refund..

• Like 1

My TA told me that all  will get  taxes and port charges plus any shore excursion payments  back on the Credit Card  regardless of the option chosen.so you need to pursue that. If you cancelled I am not sure about the EZFlight. We did not cancel, we waited them out so we will get our full refund to the card.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pairadise said:

Today we got half of our FCC but nothing on our CC, and nothing for our EZ-air, Gratuities, Taxes or Port Charges. Our Cruise was April 4 on the Ruby, and we choose option #2.  I guess we will keep waiting for the rest of the refund..

I just got my FCC today. I had logged in on my account and only half showed. I than logged into my DW account and the other half was there. I think it depends on who is doing the process. I understand they might be Working from home. We booked a cruise in December earlier this month, planning on using the FCC. Since we hadn't received the FCC I had to make a deposit. Not sure when the FCC will go towards the booked cruise or what happens to the deposit I made. Guess it is time to call the PVP.

MIKE

I picked Option 1 and have a letter from Princess confirming my choice ..today I got my Goodwill credit and called as amount incorrect , I was told I had picked Option 2 ..after almost an hour on the phone I will get a call back from them tomorrow .

Not unsolvable and trivial in grand scheme of things just frustrating and time consuming .

If you choose option 1, you actually have the option of having those other items (air, transfers, hotels, taxes, fees, and port expenses) either held for the future OR refunded to you.  Even though some reps and/or travel agents may make it seem like it's not a choice, it actually is.  If you do have them hold the funds you can see those funds listed on the booking confirmation from the previous booking.  There may also be a way for Princess to send you a "receipt" of what's in your holding account but I not 100% sure, I would have to do some checking. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 9:44 AM, kjg46 said:

Thanks for the info. I guess am not the only one as indicated in my original post. Another thing, I thought we were to receive an e-mail when this FCC were posted. I did not receive any. I was just reviewing my future booking when I noticed the FCC. Also ez-air is also included in the "holding account"  I think Princess needs to add another line or two to the personalizer.

Thanks. Please post back if you hear anything on your email request. 

My cancelled cruise was on 3/21/2020.  I strongly suspected it would be cancelled by Princess so I cancelled shore excursions, pre paid grats, and everything else I paid for and was promptly refunded. When Princess did cancel I chose option 1 and received my cruise credits yesterday, minus the taxes and port fees as discussed above.

• 2 weeks later...