Pre purchased OBC

kayelbee

Hi, 

I appreciate we are all still waiting for refunds for cruise fares but I have a question about refunds for prepurchased OBC. 

I bought some OBC for an upcoming cruise so spread my financing out a bit. Unfortunately my cruise was cancelled and I selected my option accordingly. 

A short while later as the cruise was still showing on my account I checked to see if the OBC I had bought was still there, it was so I clicked on the refund button (this option is always there and has nothing to do with the current situation) 

This was a month or so ago, so far the OBC has not been refunded. I would have thought this should have been an automatic refund as it was a pre-existing option without any compensation or similar attached. 

Does anyone else have have any experience of this recently? 

Thanks 

Thanks sky night but I thought the 60 day was referring to the refund of the cruise fare. I am asking about the refund of On Board Credit which I have previously purchased. 

Hopefully it will be refunded within the same time scale as the cruise fare.

Somebody on one of the Princess FB pages did the same, and they called Princess to check. Good news, the person was able to confirm that the cancellation was definitely in the system (which doesn’t show up online - it just disappears), but bad news, they were told it could be up to 60 days, like everything else. 

48 minutes ago, kayelbee said:

Thanks sky night but I thought the 60 day was referring to the refund of the cruise fare. I am asking about the refund of On Board Credit which I have previously purchased. 

Hopefully it will be refunded within the same time scale as the cruise fare.

It's already been around 30 days, so I imagine 60 days is a reasonable expectation. May be more or less in the UK. Maybe you should call.

On 4/21/2020 at 4:42 AM, kayelbee said:

Hi, 

I appreciate we are all still waiting for refunds for cruise fares but I have a question about refunds for prepurchased OBC. 

I bought some OBC for an upcoming cruise so spread my financing out a bit. Unfortunately my cruise was cancelled and I selected my option accordingly. 

A short while later as the cruise was still showing on my account I checked to see if the OBC I had bought was still there, it was so I clicked on the refund button (this option is always there and has nothing to do with the current situation) 

This was a month or so ago, so far the OBC has not been refunded. I would have thought this should have been an automatic refund as it was a pre-existing option without any compensation or similar attached. 

Does anyone else have have any experience of this recently? 

Thanks 

Are you referring to the onboard Future Cruise Deposits (FCD)?  If so, I cancelled all of my FCDs that I had in my Princess Personalizer account back on Mar 16, they have all been cancelled and are in for refund.  However, the 60 day refund rule applies to FCD too...so, I'm still waiting to see the refund on my credit card.  

Thanks for the further replies.

Frugal travel, I was taking advantage of 'better' exchange rates as I am in the UK but buying OBC in $. 

Lyndonn, no not FCD but OBC that I purchased on line after my booking was made. 

5 hours ago, Lyndonn said:

Are you referring to the onboard Future Cruise Deposits (FCD)?  If so, I cancelled all of my FCDs that I had in my Princess Personalizer account back on Mar 16, they have all been cancelled and are in for refund.  However, the 60 day refund rule applies to FCD too...so, I'm still waiting to see the refund on my credit card.  

Wow.  Not planning on future bookings?  I guess you can re-purchase on your next cruise and just forego whatever OBC you would otherwise earn on that next cruise.  I am leaving mine in the Bank of Princess.  I believe they are not going keel up .

I had purchased $500 obc for my March 7th cruise that was cancelled on March 4.  It was returned to the credit card I used to purchase it within a week.  I feel fortunate.

If I cruise again, I will NEVER again purchase OBC.

• Like 1