Italy and Spain: Reopen travel March 31, 2021

BermudaBound2014

2 hours ago, sidari said:

Yes I read the government advice which is why I asked where you got the info from. What you quoted from them doesn't say anything about a 14 day quarantine after travel and their website still doesn't.  As for the Daily Mail, it's not a publication I would choose to get my news from but it merely speculates plans are being drawn up. 

I would prefer to see this from a reliable source before believing it, which is why I asked my original question. There's a lot of assumptions and hearsay on these boards recently so always useful to be backed up with a reliable and official source.

And for info the current advice on the government website is this:

When you return to the UK: protect yourself and others

The National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC) provides advice on how to stay safe as you travel by air.

When you return to the UK on a flight from another country, you should follow the government advice that applies to everyone:

• go straight home from the airport, avoiding public transport where possible. Only people living in your household, for example a family member, should collect you from the airport. If you need to travel on to Scotland, see the Traveline Scotland guidance
  • stay at home and only go outside for food, health reasons, daily exercise or work if you absolutely cannot work from home
  • if you go out: always stay 2 metres (6 feet) away from other people, do not touch your face, and wash your hands frequently, including as soon as you get home

If you start to have symptoms like a high temperature or frequent cough, go straight home and self-isolate for 7 days. See the guidance for households with a possible infection and call NHS 111 if your symptoms worsen.

This may well change at a later date but best to have the correct information not speculation 

Edited by Bobal

The fact is the mail have reported it, however long it takes to be implemented it is Two months too late, hundreds of thousands of people have wandered into the UK unchecked despite a Question Time audience member asking Hancock in February why nothing was being done! Yet again stable door mentality which will do nothing but pay lip service to an issue that is far too late to be of any use.

• Like 1

Posted on another website which provides Italian news in the English language and titled 'No, Italy has not closed it's borders to tourists until 2021'

https://www.thelocal.it/20200429/no-italy-has-not-closed-the-borders-to-tourists-until-2021?fbclid=IwAR0biwGv4qqlCzxGorE8dJoMflOFPqh_eHYE5urCPix4c2ZS6Agi2q9C_yc

Edited by Bobal

On 5/1/2020 at 8:49 AM, Bobal said:

Posted on another website which provides Italian news in the English language and titled 'No, Italy has not closed it's borders to tourists until 2021'

https://www.thelocal.it/20200429/no-italy-has-not-closed-the-borders-to-tourists-until-2021?fbclid=IwAR0biwGv4qqlCzxGorE8dJoMflOFPqh_eHYE5urCPix4c2ZS6Agi2q9C_yc

Right! The Minister himself denies it in their parliament!