SAS Question

mhb1757

We have SAS flights booked from EWR to OSL on 5/5. I have been holding off waiting on them to cancel the flight because if I cancel there is no refund and credit must be used before the end of 2020, which will do me no good. If they cancel, the credit is good for one year and if not used it will be refunded. Don’t want to wait a year for the refund but better late than never I guess. 
As of tonight the flight is not listed as canceled and I have not received any notice from them that our flight has been canceled. However it has been removed from the flight schedule and you cannot book a ticket on that flight. Are they just holding out, playing chicken with us to see if we will cancel before they do?

is the best plan to just keep waiting until notice of cancellation is received?  
Is there anyway to get a refund before the 12 month credit expires if they cancel the flight?  

13 minutes ago, mhb1757 said:

We have SAS flights booked from EWR to OSL on 5/5. I have been holding off waiting on them to cancel the flight because if I cancel there is no refund and credit must be used before the end of 2020, which will do me no good. If they cancel, the credit is good for one year and if not used it will be refunded. Don’t want to wait a year for the refund but better late than never I guess. 
As of tonight the flight is not listed as canceled and I have not received any notice from them that our flight has been canceled. However it has been removed from the flight schedule and you cannot book a ticket on that flight. Are they just holding out, playing chicken with us to see if we will cancel before they do?

is the best plan to just keep waiting until notice of cancellation is received?  
Is there anyway to get a refund before the 12 month credit expires if they cancel the flight?  

Have you called to find out what the situation is with that flight?

Ask them to send you an email or some sort of communications about it, rather it is a go or cancelled.

Time is getting ticking and better to find out ASAP if it is cancelled since it is not on the schedule, you may qualify for a cash refund if they have cancelled.

bon voyage

MBH -- did you even look on the SAS webpage, where there is a big banner saying "Find the latest updates about your flight and booking"  And a button for "More Information".

With only TWO clicks from the main SAS webpage, I was able to get to...drumroll....a list of cancelled SAS flights.

Wanting to save others the effort of an having to make an extra click or two, here's the link:

https://www.flysas.com/en/traffic-information/message/canceled-flights/

• Like 1

Why yes Flyer Talk I did do that. I have done that almost every day for over a month now. And if you will notice in my post I stated my flight was NOT on their list of canceled flights but it is no longer on their flight schedule and you can no longer book tickets on that flight. 
Don’t be so quick with the snarky responses when you didn’t read the post carefully yourself!  

Have you tried contacting them and explaining exactly what you told us here:  That your flight is not on the list of cancelled flights but is also no longer listed on the flight schedule, and asking them for clarification?  Without knowing their response, no one here can really advise you on what the best decision might be.

5 hours ago, mhb1757 said:

Why yes Flyer Talk I did do that. I have done that almost every day for over a month now. And if you will notice in my post I stated my flight was NOT on their list of canceled flights but it is no longer on their flight schedule and you can no longer book tickets on that flight. 
Don’t be so quick with the snarky responses when you didn’t read the post carefully yourself!  

Well, I wonder then why this is sitting on the list of cancelled flights (direct cut/paste):

SK0908 EWR OSL 18:55

08:20

I guess you didn't bother to wait the few seconds for the list to populate.  Or even check again, as it has been there when I first posted and when I posted just now.  And anyone else can check through that link to see it there.

(And yes...I did read your OP.)

Edited by FlyerTalker

4 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Well, I wonder then why this is sitting on the list of cancelled flights (direct cut/paste):

SK0908 EWR OSL 18:55

08:20

I guess you didn't bother to wait the few seconds for the list to populate.  Or even check again, as it has been there when I first posted and when I posted just now.  And anyone else can check through that link to see it there.

(And yes...I did read your OP.)

I don’t know what date you are looking at but that is not on the canceled flight list for 5/5. I just rechecked online.
I called and actually got to speak with a live person earlier today and she stated that the flight had only been canceled through 5/2 currently but it was her expectation that would be extended before the end of the week.