SS cancellations

DCCruiser57

On 4/23/2020 at 1:41 PM, Alturia said:

SS is in the middle in terms of responsiveness to refunds. Delta has been the best. They cancelled my flight on a Saturday and I had the refund deposited to my credit card on the following Wednesday. Lufthansa has been the worst. When they cancelled my flights I was offered the ubiquitous future credit. When I insisted on a refund they told me they would start the process, but that all of their refund department has been let go and they did not know when it would be restaffed so could not tell me when they would start actually working on refunds (needless to say I have started a credit card dispute for the Lufthansa transaction). Given that, the SS time frame of 30 days doesn't seem too bad.

I did the same, When the airline started moving the goal posts on my refund request, ( they went form 14 days to 90 days), I went to the CCard company and filed a dispute.  Within a few days the refund was completed.  I don't know specifically if that is what prompted the faster action, But I do know refund happened shortly after the airline got the chargeback notice.

I do not know why SS is saying 30 -45  days for refunds on the cancelled May cruise. 52 days later I am still waiting for refund on my cancelled Mumbai to Athens.  Was originally told 21 days. It would have been much easier if SS had been more realistic and said 60 days.  One lesson I have learned is that in future I will only book four months ahead instead of my usually one year plus, if Silversea is still sailing.  I have run out of patience.  My TA has tried too, with no success.

re airline refunds, Emirates said twenty working days then changed it to 90.  Swiss cancelled my flight  and did not advise me!  They said they could not say when my refund would be processed.

I am waiting for a refund from Virgin Atlantic. Told 45 days, today is the 47th. Online chat on Whatsapp with their help desk produced nothing today. I said I will expect the refund in 7 days. Reply? 'You'll be lucky'. Really, that was the attitude. 

Just secured a section 75 refund for a booking next Nov which I cancelled under a free cancellation booking and they are only prepared to issue a voucher. Impressed with Amex for their prompt charge back. 

Two other travel related cancellations with two other companies were handled sympathetically. 

So looks like VA will be getting hit with a section 75 next Thursday. 

Then we're up to date!