Pause on P&O cruises now extended to end of July

sidekick180

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Given that P&O have cancelled up to the end of July I think we will see him again mid June.  

Hope it’s before then because our final payment is 4 June. Wanted to change the booking but they hang up when we call no matter which number we try.

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

The email from P&O this morning, on protecting loyalty status, doesn’t give the impression that they are expecting to move anytime soon

” ...  We will be protecting the tier status you had achieved by 16 March 2020 (the date our cruise operations were paused from), and your benefits will be fully protected for two years - up to and including 31 March 2022. There is no need to do anything; your loyalty status will be automatically protected.  ...”

Interesting.  Haven't received the email so news to us.  We were in Baltic for our two cancelled cruises.  Their cancellation meant that we drop into Carib for our next (when, if, who knows?) one.

Not that there's much difference between the two anyway, 50% off machine washable laundry (wash me own smalls thank you very much - too embarrassing to let someone else do it!) and fancy lunch with senior officers/staff.

I got this email today; have been Baltic for the past 2 years but with  2 cancelled cruises and a 3rd likely in October, then I would have dropped back to caribbean, so I was pleased to see that loyalty points are protected for Baltic and Ligurian customers who would drop back through no fault of their own.

If this speculation proves to be correct, and anyone entering/re-entering the country will be required to self isolate for 14 days, there is unlikely to be foreign travel for the foreseeable 

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/holiday-coronavirus-travellers-quarantine-arriving-uk-a9506016.html

I’ve tried to look for a potential end date within the article but couldn’t find it (however, many web news pages are so busy, it’s hard to read anything)

The travel industry is really not in a good place

See my post above, and broadcast news this morning

Two weeks lockdown at home after returning from foreign travel surely puts the kybosh on cruising even for those younger, healthier, potential passengers?   They would need to take 4 weeks off work to enjoy a 14 night holiday

Those hypothetical round Britain and Ireland cruises are looking more and more attractive though, as long as you’re happy to take pot-luck on sunshine and warmth 🚢