Can NR be downgraded to a GTY?

Yes  you can change categories on the same ship and date before final payment.   No change fee      If prices don't drop for our August cruise I intend on downbrading before final payment date.  Hoping prices will drop after that and if so I will upgrade myself

Edited by molly361

33 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If prices don't drop for our August cruise I intend on downgrading before final payment date. 

The downgrade would be to have a smaller final payment and money tied up with RCI while waiting for a refund when the sailing is cancelled. If somehow the sailing does happen, Royal Up might be a better option. Oasis Royal Up prices were cheaper than self upgrades.

Edited by Biker19

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The downgrade would be to have a smaller final payment and money tied up with RCI while waiting for a refund when the sailing is cancelled. If somehow the sailing does happen, Royal Up might be a better option. Oasis Royal Up prices were cheaper than self upgrades.

If we didn't have the $18 drink package I would cancel it altogether and just wait and see what happens.  For some reason it's the most expensive August MA sailing by several hudnred dollars. 

Edited by molly361

21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Confused, in a balcony now. If I downgrade it would have to cost more than my now final pmt due?  Was hoping to shave off some dollars there

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If we didn't have the $18 drink package I would cancel it altogether and just wait and see what happens.  For some reason it's the most expensive August MA sailing by several hudnred dollars. 

I keep reading about this $18 score, wow lol

6 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

If I downgrade it would have to cost more than my now final pmt due?

No, you can downgrade to any category you want regardless of cost - of course this only makes sense if it will actually lower the overall cost.

Edited by Biker19

14 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

Confused, in a balcony now. If I downgrade it would have to cost more than my now final pmt due?  Was hoping to shave off some dollars there

I keep reading about this $18 score, wow lol

I got to use the $18 in Feb, had it on our cancelled April cruise