Is sailing on the Horizon May 2021 to soon

tauep24

My goodness it better not be!!! Can't imagine that far out would be an issue...although I guess stranger things have happened...but if that gets cancelled that far out, I would say cruises would be over forever and I can't imagine that...We are booked in early May 21 on the Mardi Gras and looking forward to that! 

On 4/24/2020 at 1:17 PM, tauep24 said:

teknoge3k.  I'll be on the same sailing.  Have you ever been to these ports of call?

We've been to Aruba & Curacao, not Bonaire. We have a good size group brewing, be sure to join us. 🙂

Been on her twice, out of NYC and MIA, stayed in a Havana inside both times.   Great cruise, would highly recommend the Havana area.  You don't  need to worry about the rug rats in the hot tubs or standing in the adult soup pool like on other Carnival ships.  Happy Anniversary.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HLGW60 said:

I have a cruise booked for June 2021 but will wait and see how things go next winter before I make a definite decision before final payment.    

Are you just going to ignore what occurs in late summer and fall, or are you pessimistic that no cruise lines will be sailing until late December when winter starts?

Don't you think that this is totally a personal decision???  If you are afraid to go on a cruise a year from now, then you probably shouldn't plan to go.  You will fret and worry until that time.  And no one here knows how things will be in a year!  Everyone can offer opinions, but they are just like ....... everybody has them!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I'll be on the Horizon in October. I'll let you know!

I will be *hopefully* on the Horzion in August. Probably not going to happen (I have had three cruises cancelled so far this year) but I will let you all know as well. 🤞

13 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

So...then you're cancelling your 12/12/20 Mardi Gras cruise?

Not yet I will see how everything goes late fall before I do. I am ready to get back cruising but if I can’t or don’t feel comfortable doing so I will reschedule for next summer.

Edited by siestakeys04

I know that May 2021 is a long way off and I hope all this social distancing  and mask stuff will be over. The Horizon is a great ship, the entertainment was great specially the band in latin club. The weather is great that time of year.

Edited by shipbound2

I think cruising will re-start this year.  However, with a ton of restrictions.  Like not at full capacity, possibly no buffets, etc.

So the real question is, what will the restrictions be like in March?  If we get the vaccine as promised this year, then there won't be a problem.

On 4/24/2020 at 11:03 AM, tauep24 said:

I have my 20yr wedding anniversary cruise scheduled for May '21 on the Horizon.  Anybody think its to soon or shall we be fine?

I'm Booked for April.  I think you will be ok.  Do you have specific concerns of just the COVID stuff?

On 5/30/2020 at 2:34 AM, athlonnx said:

I think cruising will re-start this year.  However, with a ton of restrictions.  Like not at full capacity, possibly no buffets, etc.

So the real question is, what will the restrictions be like in March?  If we get the vaccine as promised this year, then there won't be a problem.

Could you please provide a link or reference to who promised a vaccine this year?