Italy will stay closed to tourists till the end of 2020...

TroubleT

46 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I sure wish they would adopt the Swedish model.  🍷

That's not working so well. The data is here:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/

Sweden’s 2462 deaths and rising are the equivalent of 81,246 in the US. The us actually has about 58,000 so Sweden is doing a lot worse.

BTW the state whose newly increasing deaths are causing future modeled deaths to increase is Georgia, which is foolishly reopening with few restrictions.

Edited by NJ Cruiserman

Just now, NJ Cruiserman said:

Swede's 2462 deaths and rising are the equivalent of 81,246 in the US. The us actually has about 58,000 so Sweden is doing a lot worse.

BTW the state whose newly increasing deaths are causing future modeled deaths to increase is Georgia, which is foolishly reopening with few restrictions.

The other issue in Sweden is that the many Swedish people self-imposed stay at home behavior.  The transmission of the disease was centered by far on those that continued to go out and mingle.

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I agree, but I don't think that anyone has actually suggested that a vaccine is the sole solution to the pandemic, which is why medical experts continue to explore multiple approaches. I also don't recall any of the experts suggesting that the world be locked down until a vaccine is available, but maybe you are referring to some of the posters on this board?

Yes, I was.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NJ Cruiserman said:

Sweden’s 2462 deaths and rising are the equivalent of 81,246 in the US. The us actually has about 58,000 so Sweden is doing a lot worse.

Few restrictions?  You might want to actually read the Georgia’s Governor’s order.  I am not defending it, but it has a lot of restrictions and stipulations.  
So what was Georgia’s previous projected number of deaths?  And the new number of Georgia’s death rate after they started their opening?

32 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Few restrictions?  You might want to actually read the Georgia’s Governor’s order.  I am not defending it, but it has a lot of restrictions and stipulations.  
So what was Georgia’s previous projected number of deaths?  And the new number of Georgia’s death rate after they started their opening?

You will start to see that about two weeks after they make the chances.  The key to look at will be case doubling time starting in about 10 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1