San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX

JudithLynne

I just heard that Super Shuttle, our go to shuttle, is no longer in business.  Any suggestions for transportation to LAX from San Pedro?  We do not use Uber or Lyft for personal reasons.  What is taxi fare or are there other shuttles?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  This would be for a cruise at the end of Sept.  Thanks for any help.

Edited by JudithLynne
spelling

1 hour ago, JudithLynne said:

I just heard that Super Shuttle, our go to shuttle, is no longer in business.  Any suggestions for transportation to LAX from San Pedro?  We do not use Uber or Lyft for personal reasons.  What is taxi fare or are there other shuttles?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  This would be for a cruise at the end of Sept.  Thanks for any help.

Probably your best shot would be to suck it up and pay for Princess' transfer.  It wasn't that much more than Super Shuttle and, overall, more convenient because it didn't make multiple stops at various hotels. We took it from the ship back up to LAX  and was very pleased with the organization by Princess and far less hassle than the alternative of Super Shuttle or Uber. If you are going in a day early on your independent air, you can stay at a hotel near the airport and then make your way over to the airport the day of the cruise to catch their shuttle.  

15 hours ago, JudithLynne said:

Personally, I now take Uber...The service actually works quite well...It's very inexpensive compared to other choices, quicker pick-ups that a shuttle and you don't have to share the ride or make other stops.  For those afraid to get into a car with a driver they don't know, really you are doing the same thing wityh any taxi or shuttle.  We've never had a problem...

However, if you are absolutely set on NOT using Uber or Lyft, there are still several shuttle services still providing rides from LAX:  Prime Time Shuttle is the biggest with the most vans available, but there are also RoadRunner Shuttle, Karmel Shuttle and others.  Right now all are mostly sitting around idle as business at LAX is down 95% during the Covid-19 crisis...but, for now, one has to think that when the crisis is over, whenever that may be, these services will be back to full speed:

https://www.primetimeshuttle.com/#/search

https://www.rrshuttle.com/airports/lax.html

https://www.karmel.com/

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, mike x ftc said:

We're looking to go from LAX to San Pedro (not yet obviously!), can anyway give me a rough idea how much an Uber might be to help us way up options?

It does depend on traffic (time of day, day of week), but usually $33-40.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 6:56 PM, JudithLynne said:

We do not use Uber or Lyft for personal reasons.

I understand that some people just have their reasons for not using either of them, but it is Uber/Lyft that were directly responsible for Super Shuttle's demise in that they are overall much easier, faster, and a lot of times less expensive. In LA Uber/Lyft tend to be much nicer than a taxi service and think a bit safer. If it were between a taxi and the cruise line transportation I would definitely work with the cruise line, but would suggest giving Uber/Lyft a try. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, copper6606 said:

How long is that drive?

It is less than 20 miles, so it shouldn't be more than 30 minutes, but there are a lot of things in So Cal that shouldn't be, but are. As said, if it is a holiday weekend, or an accident, or someone is changing a tire by the side of the road.....  it can be 90 minutes. That is rare, but hardly unheard of.

17 hours ago, scottca075 said:

It is less than 20 miles, so it shouldn't be more than 30 minutes, but there are a lot of things in So Cal that shouldn't be, but are. As said, if it is a holiday weekend, or an accident, or someone is changing a tire by the side of the road.....  it can be 90 minutes. That is rare, but hardly unheard of.

Thanks so much.

While we are at it. any suggestions for a hotel in San Pedro or Long beach that is "reasonable" yes is close to eateries and such?

3 hours ago, copper6606 said:

Thanks so much.

While we are at it. any suggestions for a hotel in San Pedro or Long beach that is "reasonable" yes is close to eateries and such?

Are you cruising out of Long Beach (Carnival) or San Pedro (everyone else)...the two towns are on opposite sides of the harbor, 6-8 miles apart.  If you're just getting in the day before, stay in the one closest to your port...If you have a long day--like you get in early morning the night before, for example--but don't want to sightsee in LA...but have a little time to see sights in Long Beach 

(Queen Mary, Aquarium of the Pacific), you may want to stay in Long Beach either way...and Uber to San Pedro in the morning if your ship leaves from there...

In San Pedro, I really recommend only two hotels:  The Doubletree--which might be the nicest of the two but not close to many restaurants, but they will shuttle you to one...or the Crowne Plaza--which is very near the pier but also close to a lot of restaurants--within a couple of blocks or so.  Some people also like the Best Western, but I'm not thrilled about the location.

In Long Beach, I highly recommend....A List:  Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Centric at the Pike, Renaissance, Westin...a slight drop from there to the Maya Doubletree and Residence Inn Downtown--convenient to the Carnival Pier and QM but not to other sights, shipping and restaurants--though there is a free shuttle...

Don't look for "bargains" in either town...they are bargains for a reason!!!

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 2:39 PM, copper6606 said:

Thanks so much. While we are at it. any suggestions for a hotel in San Pedro or Long beach that is "reasonable" yes is close to eateries and such?

What BruinSteve said..... Especially the Maya DoubleTree (right next to the Queen Mary) and Hyatt Centric in the Pike.

• Like 1