Azamara cruise in Aug with 80% vacancy - will it still take place

stromer

I am looking at an Azamara cruise on Aug 6, 2020 to Iceland from Southampton, England - RT.  Currently the ship is about 80% vacant.  Other cruises around the same time are in a similar state.  The prices have not come down much lately.  How can Azamara cruise with this amount of vacancy?  I know the future of Corona virus on cruising is unknown.  I have read various threads (on other cruise line threads) on when cruises will start up again, with opinions varying all over the place.  I have also seen the CDC and CLIA guidelines on when cruises will start up with 100 days from mid April being the most probable startup time.

Is there a chance this cruise and others will sail with this amount of vacancy - I realize the vacancy will change as the state of the virus becomes more clear.   

In all probability the vacancy rate will decrease as the cruise sale date approaches.  If I book an outside cabin and there are large amounts of balconies available will I get an upgrade without a price increase?

I have cruises Celebrity and Princess many times but never Azamara.

Thanks for advice on this from Azamara cruisers.

2 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Sorry, but I find it impossible to give any advice in these unprecedented times. I don’t think right now anyone really knows when cruises will start again and whether,whenever they do, cruisers will feel comfortable being onboard. 

Very true, have you heard the announcement about future changes from P and O this morning?.

23 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Sorry, but I find it impossible to give any advice in these unprecedented times. I don’t think right now anyone really knows when cruises will start again and whether,whenever they do, cruisers will feel comfortable being onboard. 

Completely agree. There are too many links in the travel chain. It is not just the cruise ships, international travel will need to open up, agreements from governments on entry a whole gamut of changes that have to be agreed before the travel industry opens up.

We can but hope.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

The UK are probably going to quarantine all airline passengers for 14 days. An announcement could be made tonight.

You should have been doing that a long time ago, here in Australia we started doing it in March and part of the reason why we are doing so well compared to other countries.

Too slow to react unfortunately...

• Like 5

We are booked on the Aug 6th Azamara Pursuit cruise. We are waiting for them to tell us if it is cancelled or it can sail. Azamara is a wonderful cruise lines. This would be about our 10th cruise with them. They have sailed in the past with low occupancy. I’m not concerned about that as much as if the UK will let us in and out to sail.... waiting game now. 

Edited by abbe727