Help with cancelled cruise

rhinomike

So NCL finally sent us an email and cancelled our Alaskan cruise for June 7th. So they are offering a full refund or 125% credit and 20% off our next cruise if we book it now. Here is my issue. I paid for three cabins on my credit card but they won’t issue the cruise credit to me. It has to be in the passengers name. It’s like they are pushing us to the cruise credit but won’t work with us. I paid for the cruise on my credit card. Doesn’t make sense. Two of the passengers in one of the cabins can’t go with us any other time. So now I don’t know what to do. Does anybody have any experience with this cancelled cruise credit?  Maybe a trick or some rules that may help my situation.   It’s a good deal but since two of the people can’t go on another cruise I will take two other people but they won’t let me use the cruise credits for them. I hope all that made sense. 

The 2 that can not go.   Simply opt for the REFUND.   That refund- returns back to original payment source.   

Sorry- no-  you can’t have it both ways.    If you’re thinking of giving the funds- with the bonus to someone else.       Exceptions involved children-  only -  what I’ve seen.   

But doesn't hurt to call and ask.    

13 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

The 2 that can not go.   Simply opt for the REFUND.   That refund- returns back to original payment source.   

Sorry- no-  you can’t have it both ways.    If you’re thinking of giving the funds- with the bonus to someone else.       Exceptions involved children-  only -  what I’ve seen.   

But doesn't hurt to call and ask.    

yes they are all my children and I paid for everything on my credit card. I will call and ask. Thank you. 

• Like 1