Norwegian Encore Cancelled June 28

JAAJN7142013

32 minutes ago, JAAJN7142013 said:

So devastated my cruise was cancelled weird thing is they keep sending me emails to upgrade

They did the same when cancelling my April cruise. You could always re-book and use the extra percentage on a FCC to upgrade on your own

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mugtech said:

July 5 is the first date, plenty of time.

I've considered July or August but I'm wondering if they could get the ships fully crewed and operational by then.  In my head, July seems like a long way off, but in reality, it's just 8 weeks away.  IDK...

• Like 1

Can I ask, how did they inform you? 
And, did they offer a refund ... not just the FCC?  
I ask because their public statement - on their website says for cancelled sailings ..get a 150%FCC or a lesser refund to the original payment method. to get a refund to complete a refund request form. Unf it does not define the amount reduced if a refund is requested. 

So why do I ask? we are a party of 19 traveling on the 7/5 sailing, and the ‘no sail order’ extends past my cruise date. hoping to be able to get money back if we cannot sail. 

The encore is in Alaska next year and we have no desire to go there and explicitly booked Bermuda bc of our interest in this ship.

Thanks for listening. 
I appreciate the info. 

3 hours ago, JAAJN7142013 said:

So devastated my cruise was cancelled weird thing is they keep sending me emails to upgrade

At least you got a lot of notice so that you could cancel air reservations (if you have any), and any excursions that you may have booked outside of the cruise line without a penalty. 

Also, you can book the same cruise for next year, is you are so inclined.

4 hours ago, JAAJN7142013 said:

4 hours ago, JAAJN7142013 said:

I was on this cruise also. Just rebooked in the Joy for 6/27/21. I have set up a Roll call on these pages with a Meet & Greet planned.

Bonni

3 hours ago, Bactocruise said:

Can I ask, how did they inform you? 
And, did they offer a refund ... not just the FCC?  
I ask because their public statement - on their website says for cancelled sailings ..get a 150%FCC or a lesser refund to the original payment method. to get a refund to complete a refund request form. Unf it does not define the amount reduced if a refund is requested. 

So why do I ask? we are a party of 19 traveling on the 7/5 sailing, and the ‘no sail order’ extends past my cruise date. hoping to be able to get money back if we cannot sail. 

The encore is in Alaska next year and we have no desire to go there and explicitly booked Bermuda bc of our interest in this ship.

Thanks for listening. 
I appreciate the info. 

The "lesser" refund is a 100% refund.   They're calling is "lesser" because they're offering 150% cruise credit, so a 100% refund is "lesser."  

• Thanks 1