QM2 location (Merged threads)

speedwell

5 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Here's another chance to see QM2 at Cuxhaven during daylight. She's on her way to Rotterdam for her scheduled drydock there. This is a capture from the webcam at "schiffsansagedienst-cuxhaven.de" a few minutes ago.

QM2Cuxhaven2023-10-22.thumb.jpg.baf3d2d691d09c817f7db3ff6de710b7.jpg

And very splendid she looks, as ever.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2023 at 9:51 AM, bluemarble said:

Here's a webcam capture showing QM2 in Saguenay today. This is from the "Saguenay - Québec Live cam" found on the Skyline Webcams site ("skylinewebcams.com").

The other ship in this image was unknown to me until now. It's Explora I, a new cruise ship for a new cruise line, Explora Journeys, part of MSC Cruises.

QM2Saguenay2023-10-04.thumb.jpg.f523ccc32ba5c16ad0f2a62fa38a8f19.jpg

I'm pleased to see the QM2 was docked this time. On our cruise in October of last year another ship - not necessarily larger than the QM2 but with a higher passenger capacity - was given the dock and we had to tender. 

We attended the festivities ashore on the maiden call in Saguenay in 2016.  Mayor Tremblay was quoted as saying he arranged that dock to be built specifically for the QM2 and it took 10 years to persuade Cunard to call there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bluemarble said:

QM2 making a colourful arrival at Southampton this morning. This evening she'll be setting off for New York on her Christmas cruise. This is a capture from a few hours ago taken from the Netley Cam live stream on the Solent Ships YouTube channel.

QM2SouthamptonArrival2023-12-15.thumb.jpg.81a9917b6fb14349d6a737c52727834a.jpg

IMG_7601.jpeg.7e0e3b669f124e1007f0aa9e02

These pictures show a neat contrast between the lit up QM2 departing NY harbor in all its glory and arriving in Southhampton during the wee hours with most cabins and lights dark. 
These photos of QM2 seem to show two different ships (almost…). 

Edited by NE John

• 1 month later...

Here's a partial view of QM2 at Cape Town this morning as seen on the "Port Control Cape Town Harbour" YouTube live stream courtesy of the folks at "vanilla.co.za". I wasn't sure QM2 was going to be visible since Norwegian Dawn is also at Cape Town today. Fortunately QM2 is at E-Berth within view here while Norwegian Dawn is at L-Berth well out of view off to the left.

QM2CapeTown2024-01-31.thumb.jpg.a8acf40d7f83e964162d3abc3a079a17.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

QM2 is in Southampton this morning,  Sunday 12 May, arriving from NY.  That's not particularly noteworthy. 

The noteworthy part for us is that Mrs sfred and I will board later on today for a short four night trip to Hamburg and back.  We've been in Morocco for two weeks and the timing worked out nicely to catch QM2 before returning home to Australia. 

(Given our departure from Morocco on stolen letters of transit from Rick’s Cafe,  I wondered if it was a bad idea to be going to Germany.  But hopefully the authorities believed we went to Lisbon instead of Southampton. 😀 )

Looking forward to embarkation day beer this afternoon! 

20240512_060854.jpg

Edited by sfred
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, sfred said:

QM2 is in Southampton this morning,  Sunday 12 May, arriving from NY.  That's not particularly noteworthy. 

The noteworthy part for us is that Mrs sfred and I will board later on today for a short four night trip to Hamburg and back.  We've been in Morocco for two weeks and the timing worked out nicely to catch QM2 before returning home to Australia. 

(Given our departure from Morocco on stolen letters of transit from Rick’s Cafe,  I wondered if it was a bad idea to be going to Germany.  But hopefully the authorities believed we went to Lisbon instead of Southampton. 😀 )

Looking forward to embarkation day beer this afternoon! 

20240512_060854.jpg

We are on this trip also! If you see two people signing do say hi 🙂 Use gestures 🙂 

• Like 3