Hertz Port Canaveral

Lee Cruiser

Has anyone dropped off a car rental return at Hertz in Port Canaveral and then taken their shuttle to the port?  If so, how was it?  What time do these shuttles start? Would you do it again?  We have returned a car there several times, but have never used their shuttle to the port.  Thanks!

We typically rent from Avis, but you see all of the shuttles making drop offs and pick ups at the port.  Passengers start getting off the ships early, 7:00 or before, which is too early for you to check in.  I would look at dropping the car off around 9:30-10 or later when most of the off loading passengers are gone.  Or wait until after noon when the crush of new passengers has subsided.

9 hours ago, steve20832 said:

Hertz just announced they might be filing for bankruptcy. Book with caution

Thanks.  I never pay in advance anyway.  I have gold check in with Hertz and can skip the counter, so I typically book with them first.  I will have a backup plan as well.

19 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Thanks.  I never pay in advance anyway.  I have gold check in with Hertz and can skip the counter, so I typically book with them first.  I will have a backup plan as well.

I don’t know if you are coming in the day before your cruise but the Hertz location is in the same parking lot as the Residence Inn and right next door to the Country Inn & Suites..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

I don’t know if you are coming in the day before your cruise but the Hertz location is in the same parking lot as the Residence Inn and right next door to the Country Inn & Suites..

Yes, we are booked at Country Inn.  We normally stay at Homewood Suites right across the street, but they are over $100 higher this time.

• Like 1

We dropped off at Hertz Port Canaveral for our Thanksgiving 2019 cruise and planned to take the shuttle.  The line was at least 60-70 people deep so we booked an uber XL and were picked up in the parking lot.   That was $20 well spent vs. waiting in the heat for the shuttle.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cc75 said:

We dropped off at Hertz Port Canaveral for our Thanksgiving 2019 cruise and planned to take the shuttle.  The line was at least 60-70 people deep so we booked an uber XL and were picked up in the parking lot.   That was $20 well spent vs. waiting in the heat for the shuttle.

Thanks so much!  That's exactly the information I was looking for.  I was afraid that may be the case.  Uber XL was the other option I was looking at, so that looks like the way to go.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

@GTO-Girl <<

Suites..

Yes, we are booked at Country Inn.  We normally stay at Homewood Suites right across the street, but they are over $100 higher this time.>>

I do have a booking at Country Inn and Suites. Knowing this, we could potentially keep car one day instead of two... Something to think about. Or maybe not need the car after all.  Decesions,decisions.