Advice on Refund - use TA?

Treacher1

Cruise line customer service in the past has been extremely limited for phone advice IF you booked through a travel agent.  We are awaiting our FCC email for a Summit cruise that Celebrity canceled for May 9.  When we get the email and IF we decide to take the 100 per cent refund instead of the FCC for 125 percent - big question is :  will we be able to request full refund on our own or must the travel agent be involved.  Just confused since customer service says go to your travel agent for usual questions or concerns.  Thanks for your advice!

10 minutes ago, Treacher1 said:

Cruise line customer service in the past has been extremely limited for phone advice IF you booked through a travel agent.  We are awaiting our FCC email for a Summit cruise that Celebrity canceled for May 9.  When we get the email and IF we decide to take the 100 per cent refund instead of the FCC for 125 percent - big question is :  will we be able to request full refund on our own or must the travel agent be involved.  Just confused since customer service says go to your travel agent for usual questions or concerns.  Thanks for your advice!

I went thru the TA we used. 

When/how did you find out the cruise was cancelled?  Why have you waited this long?  My cruise to sail 3/15 was cancelled 3/13.  I emailed my TA but did not put a rush on the refund as I knew if they automatically issued FCC I had until Dec. to ask for the refund.  she talked with X on 3/16 and my refund came late April.  EM

When the cruise line sent me an EM asking if I want %100 refund or a %125 on another cruise I choose %100 refund. I waited 30 days for my refund & then call my TA, got my refund 4 days later. Dont know if that helped but it didnt hurt.

george35