Queen Elizabeth Sydney to New Zealand (Cancelled)

Shiver Metimbers

Does anyone have the cost Cunard charged for an unobstructed Balcony view on board Queen Elizabeth for the 11 day cruise from Sydney - Sydney via New Zealand, departing 15th March 2020 ? A link to their historic web site price would be ideal.

Thanks in advance

Shiver. 

I bought two cruises back to back, there were flights and transfers. These were not itemised on the email, just the total price. 

18 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Confused with your post ? ...

There were two cruises back to back with flights and transfers. The invoice just has the total price, it's not itemised.

The price they charged when? The day before it was due to sail? A month before?

There's six different grades of unobstructed balcony cabins. Cunard Fare? Late Saver Fare?

There are potentially dozens of different answers to your question, every one of them correct.

Sorry I can't help you, but some more info might help someone who can.

Edited by Colin_Cameron
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

The price they charged when? The day before it was due to sail? A month before?

There's six different grades of unobstructed balcony cabins. Cunard Fare? Late Saver Fare?

There are potentially dozens of different answers to your question, every one of them correct.

Sorry I can't help you, but some more info might help someone who can.

Thank you for your response. The cabin grade was BE. The whole ship was priced as late saver as the itinerary was a quick re-org after the cancelation of Queen Elizabeth's sailing From Sydney to Singapore, China and Japan. She was to stay in Australia visiting Tasmania and New Zealand. It was all very short notice, 3 to 4 weeks before sailing.  

11 minutes ago, sydgal said:

It was $1800 pp. I booked this cruise and booked balcony then upgraded to princess grills for $200 pp. waiting for $4000 refund any day now.

That would be roughly £900 pp, sounds about right. Refund, prepare yourself for a shock, my refund was no where near this value and was split between cash and future cruise credit. 

Thanks for for the response. 

41 minutes ago, Shiver Metimbers said:

That would be roughly £900 pp, sounds about right. Refund, prepare yourself for a shock, my refund was no where near this value and was split between cash and future cruise credit. 

Thanks for for the response. 

I have requested cash refund, don’t want future cruise credit as my husband said he will not cruise again. He got a serious chest infection on QM2 in 2013 and will not risk it again after this virus.

send an email to Cunard and ask for a breakdown of your refund amount. I just checked my invoice and it said port fees and taxes were $231. Have read on this forum that they are not refunding port fees for missed ports. Don’t know if this is relevant to outright cancellation or just missed ports. Will let you know when I get refund.