What happens if....

Coopdog08

I don’t do anything for my cruise scheduled to depart on May 16th? Do we lose our money? Still eligible for a refund at a later date? Does cruise credit and onboard credit of $600 still apply if we cancel after May 16th? We have been holding out as long as possible to see what cruising may look like upon it’s return before making a decision. No surprise, as things are so fluid, but we don’t have an answer on what cruising will be like and most likely won’t until July or August and perhaps even later if more postponements occur. We treat the money as already spent so letting it sit there is no issue for us and if we can still be eligible for refund or credit we will most likely just wait it out until we see what cruising in the future looks like. Thanks

39 minutes ago, Coopdog08 said:

I don’t do anything for my cruise scheduled to depart on May 16th? Do we lose our money? Still eligible for a refund at a later date? Does cruise credit and onboard credit of $600 still apply if we cancel after May 16th? We have been holding out as long as possible to see what cruising may look like upon it’s return before making a decision. No surprise, as things are so fluid, but we don’t have an answer on what cruising will be like and most likely won’t until July or August and perhaps even later if more postponements occur. We treat the money as already spent so letting it sit there is no issue for us and if we can still be eligible for refund or credit we will most likely just wait it out until we see what cruising in the future looks like. Thanks

You should have already received cancellation notice with option to rebook with obc or get full refund.  I also had May 16th cruise and this happened a couple of weeks ago.

We chose to rebook in December 

13 minutes ago, californiatripman said:

You should have already received cancellation notice with option to rebook with obc or get full refund.  I also had May 16th cruise and this happened a couple of weeks ago.

We chose to rebook in December 

We received all the cancellation info. My question is what happens if we choose to do nothing by the sail date of May 16th. Thanks

13 minutes ago, Coopdog08 said:

We received all the cancellation info. My question is what happens if we choose to do nothing by the sail date of May 16th. Thanks

As above you have until year end, but by then you need to decide or you get fcc. 

------

Please note that whichever option you select will apply to all guests on your reservation.

Given how fluid the situation is, we have extended this offer until December 31, 2020 for you to make a selection.  After that, you will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit*.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

As above you have until year end, but by then you need to decide or you get fcc. 

------

Please note that whichever option you select will apply to all guests on your reservation.

Given how fluid the situation is, we have extended this offer until December 31, 2020 for you to make a selection.  After that, you will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit*.

Thanks Firefly. With the option to get a refund or the cruise credit we will just leave the cruise as is for the time being until we see what cruising will be like upon its return. Thanks

7 hours ago, Coopdog08 said:

If it were me I would get as much of my money back as possible and see how this thing plays out.

1 hour ago, skridge said:

If it were me I would get as much of my money back as possible and see how this thing plays out.

I can do that as I can still get a refund as long as I act on it by the end of the year. Honestly that is why I don’t want to make a decision at this point, want to see how it plays out, especially the affects on cruising upon its return whenever that may be.

Your post really confused me when I first read it and then was thankfully explained by others! 

I am fully on board with the wait and see approach! Our first canceled cruise (September on the Legend...) there was a cruise I was willing to take in 2021 (Pride Panama Canal Repo) that IMHO was a killer price of only $500 more than our Legend cruise with 2 more days in the exact same room. 

Since then, I booked September 6th on the Pride. Then 5 days later they announced the August 31st thing so this would be the 1st sailing for Baltimore! If this one gets canceled, I am just gonna put a holding pattern and hope more 2022 things are listed (preferably Europe) by then. Sure both me and DH have the PTO that 2 14 days would be fine, but then there is no time for concerts/festivals (or a tattoo I am planning which I will probably need PTO for..)

If things don't look better by December I will ask for my $ back, but eh it's not like refunds are quick from well anywhere right now anyways!