March 20 Navigator refund

I'm on the phone with RC right now.  They are giving me the complete run around on our March 20 sailing that they cancelled, saying they're "pretty confident" it isn't eligible for conversion into a refund.

I cited that (1) they cancelled the sailing and (2) they sent and email saying I could call to get a refund.  Not enough apparently.  He tried to get me to hang up because they're busy, instead of waiting 90 minutes on hold while he's on hold with another department.    I said I'd wait.

Anyone else get this kind of runaround?  I've seen posts about the long delays in getting refund but wasn't sure if anyone has run into them not wanting to even issue the refund.

Well, after 2 hours of hold time he came back with "yes, my supervisor says that we can start this refund for you."

The whole thing felt very contrived and fake.  He didn't have instant information to cancellation policies for specific sailings?  He could see that they cancelled my sailing but didn't think I qualified for a full refund?  And, the times that he came back on and said he that things were happening in the background were at hard intervals into the call, e.g. miraculously at 90 minutes on the dot he was in contact with a supervisor (he had said it would take 90 minutes.) Seems like icing the kicker....

My guess is that they've told their reps to intentionally slow roll the customers.  Had I hung up any time in the 2 hours, they know I might not call back right away.  If I waited a week or two to call back, and they've got my money (which I'm sure they need- but so do I) for another week or two.  

Either that, or they are completely incompetent.  However even the worst run operation would, day 1- worst case ever- print out a pathetic hard copy of a spreadsheet showing what sailings were affected and what they qualify for and hand it to every agent.

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This, one needs to manage expectations with RCI and their front line CSRs.

And realize that they are working from home without many of the resources they normally have in the office.

I cancelled my April 12th cruise, 1 day prior to the "cruise with confidence" and got my 50% refunded to my cc.  However, my tours cost still waiting for the credit to my cc.  Keep getting different dates.  Hoping soon.

5 hours ago, irun5k said:

I'm on the phone with RC right now.  They are giving me the complete run around on our March 20 sailing that they cancelled, saying they're "pretty confident" it isn't eligible for conversion into a refund.

I cited that (1) they cancelled the sailing and (2) they sent and email saying I could call to get a refund.  Not enough apparently.  He tried to get me to hang up because they're busy, instead of waiting 90 minutes on hold while he's on hold with another department.    I said I'd wait.

Anyone else get this kind of runaround?  I've seen posts about the long delays in getting refund but wasn't sure if anyone has run into them not wanting to even issue the refund.

Royal Caribbean doesn’t make mistakes on refunds. It’s never their fault. It’s always the customers fault.