Getaway - Which Deck for AFT Haven Suite ?

Looking forward to using the remainder of our FCC's for a Transatlantic in April 2022 ! 

(Received a lot of FCC's for our canceled Transatlantic in April 2020 - re-booked for 2021-  but still have some FCC's left and the prices look pretty good now - and lots of choices available.)

Haven't been on the Getaway - but have been in many AFT suites (on the smaller NCL ships) and absolutely love them ! - Trying to decide which deck has the best balcony (although we realize it will be pretty cold crossing the ocean - but - oh well - still love those BIG AFT suites) 💘

Does anyone have any information on which deck would be the best choice ? 

THANK YOU 

5 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Looking forward to using the remainder of our FCC's for a Transatlantic in April 2022 ! 

(Received a lot of FCC's for our canceled Transatlantic in April 2020 - re-booked for 2021-  but still have some FCC's left and the prices look pretty good now - and lots of choices available.)

Haven't been on the Getaway - but have been in many AFT suites (on the smaller NCL ships) and absolutely love them ! - Trying to decide which deck has the best balcony (although we realize it will be pretty cold crossing the ocean - but - oh well - still love those BIG AFT suites) 💘

Does anyone have any information on which deck would be the best choice ? 

THANK YOU 

You might like the information available within link below (courtesy of bear3412  ...done May 2013)

Note: scroll down on that page for more information than just the spreadsheet!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

Deck 9! I’ve sailed in both the deck 9 Aft suites...largest balconies on the ship! Also - down the stairs to deck 8 is the Prime Meridian bar - so you don’t need to go all the way to the Haven bar for a late night cocktail on the balcony! 

• Like 1

If Getaway is an exact copy of Breakaway, then my vote is for deck 9.  It has the deepest balcony and the master bathroom faces the ocean.  Close to Waterfront and food/shopping/entertainment.

Downside is the walk to the Haven area.  We walked down to deck 8, then all the way forward to catch the forward elevators.

16 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

You might like the information available within link below (courtesy of bear3412  ...done May 2013)

Note: scroll down on that page for more information than just the spreadsheet!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

I used this link frequently when I was first sailing on the Getaway. I wish someone would create another one for the newer ships! It’s a fantastic spreadsheet!

Thanks for all of the prompt replies !

Nice worksheet - but doesn't help in this case -

Per Travel Agent:  Category HA (Haven Aft Facing Penthouse) - Decks 10-14 is not listed;

and Category H7 (Haven Aft Facing Penthouse) - Decks 9-12 is not listed  (correctly) either 

(These are the two that we are looking at) 

The worksheet shows category H7 as a Forward Facing room

ASSUMING that I am reading the worksheet accurately !! 🙄

(Pretty hard to keep up with all the category changes!)

Someone posted something about the Getaway (or Breakaway) not having AFT elevators on ALL of the decks ??

I like the idea of staying on Deck 9, and walking down just one deck to take an AFT elevator ....

2 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

(Pretty hard to keep up with all the category changes!)

As you are probably aware,  NCL is making changes to the alphanumeric codes, the stateroom names, stateroom descriptions, and (in some cases) the stateroom amenities throughout the fleet. Some changes we have known about for over a year and some changes continue to trickle down from NCL.

Info for the "aft-facing Haven suites" (ignore the codes for now) for the Breakaway Class (Breakaway/Getaway) and the Breakaway Plus Class (Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore) can be found in the following...

With the new codes, NCL has put the larger balcony suites into a different category (H7) for Getaway while the rest are called HA. All aft-facing suites used to be the same price for a sailing. If the price for 1 deck went up or down, all of the other decks did the same by the same amount. Someone booking deck 9 (largest balcony) and deck 13 (smallest balcony) on the same day paid the same price for both suites. Now with the changes, the larger balcony almost always cost more and the amount can vary. I've seen $50pp more as well as $300pp more for a H7 vs a HA.

I think that once all of the changes go into effect, new lists and possibly a new spreadsheet will be made.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Thank you ! (What a HUGE project - updating that worksheet !!) 

I just checked - FYI for this cruise - the aft-facing suite on Deck 9 was a total of $200 more than the aft-facing suite on Deck 14

And it's worth the $200!! It's an amazing deck!!!!

I just paid $250 more for an aft Haven on the Joy! It's not as big as the Getaway (or so it looks from pictures) - but it's larger than the others on the same ship!

4 hours ago, NayRN said:

I just paid $250 more for an aft Haven on the Joy! It's not as big as the Getaway (or so it looks from pictures) - but it's larger than the others on the same ship!

For the Breakaway Plus Class ships, none of the aft-facing balconies are as deep as deck 9 or 12 on the Breakaway Class ships. Deck 9 is the deepest for both classes but deck 9 for BA/GA is much larger than deck 9 on Joy. 

• Like 1