CRUISE CANCELLATION VENICE SEPT 2020 HELP

lil2queenie

We will cancel our October cruises from Genoa and Venice.

Even in the unlikely event that they do sail, travel from New Zealand to Europe will be very difficult.

Until there is a vaccine for Covid-19, international travel will just be too risky.

Make sure to cancel before the final payment is due so you don't get hit with penalty fees from MSC .

We will lose our deposit, but will wait for the situation to settle down before booking another cruise.

We had the Grandiosa booked for October 2020 out of Barcelona with several Italian Ports but did cancel it as we felt cruising was too fluid right now and especially since this cruise involved International Travel for us. Although I cancelled it far ahead of final payment due I have not yet received the $398 deposit and I am being told all cancellations become part of the mass amount of refunds being processed. In the past, before covid19, when I cancelled a cruise prior to final payment the refund did come in a very timely manner. I do feel good, although sad, about cancelling this cruise. We live in Florida and will book a couple October/November 2020 cruises as should those be cancelled I do not have air travel to deal with.

Edited by cellfree
grammar

We have/had a cruise booked to Norway on the Meraviglia in August. We were holding out to see if this was cancelled by MSC before making final payment, but last week - in the UK - noted that MSC now allow anyone with cruise up to September to move free of charge (in all honesty we were prepared to move for the £100 cost but preferred it free). We contacted them on the phone last week and they confirmed we can move (without paying final payment) and requested we fill out the online form which we have now done (looking at July 2021 instead).

This at least now gives us another 10 months before final payment is due and we can see how the cruise market looks before final committment. At the moment the most we'll have lost is the deposit.

5 hours ago, Rossco01 said:

We have/had a cruise booked to Norway on the Meraviglia in August. We were holding out to see if this was cancelled by MSC before making final payment, but last week - in the UK - noted that MSC now allow anyone with cruise up to September to move free of charge (in all honesty we were prepared to move for the £100 cost but preferred it free). We contacted them on the phone last week and they confirmed we can move (without paying final payment) and requested we fill out the online form which we have now done (looking at July 2021 instead).

This at least now gives us another 10 months before final payment is due and we can see how the cruise market looks before final committment. At the moment the most we'll have lost is the deposit.

Norway have closed borders until 20th August so probably will be cancelled but MSC are being helpful in transferring deposits etc until next year.

Thank You to everyone for Your help; the cruise is not until September 19th and I will call and cancel. Our lives are worth more than a trip; they will be more opportunities for a vacation.

Wishing everyone good health and safe travels!

18 hours ago, lil2queenie said:

Just canceled  the MSC cruise for sept. out of venice☹️

I need to cancel 2 in Oct.  On their website, it says we need to write to cancel. Just wondering if anybody called to cancel or is email also ok?

Thanks