Aft VB Balconies on Koningsdam/N. Statendam

I’m wondering if the VB staterooms aft on deck 4 are desirable. I like the idea of the larger balcony but am worried about increased movement at the aft and possible noise from the galley below. Anybody have any experience with these staterooms?  

We had an AS (Aft Vista) on KDM  and did not like it.  There was an amount of 'shimmy' as the ship was moving that we found unsettling.  Others have also reported this movement.   We also encountered a small amount of soot each morning on the veranda floor.  

We had aft port side on both of those ships. Absolutely loved the balconies, they were huge compared to my folks suite balcony..

We never heard any noise from below.

Edited by Brewgirl1

On 5/20/2020 at 12:31 AM, stickey_mouse said:

and possible noise from the galley below.

On deck 4 I would choose a starboard side VB, as they are not above the galley.  We've had a couple of cabins over the MDR and never had a noise issue. At times when the MDR was busiest we were either there ourselves or elsewhere on the ship, not in our cabin.

No noise issues at all - but we were on 5th level.  I did not like the movement of the ship.  I won't sail in another Aft.

It was a short cruise, thankfully!  But worthwhile trying - I got the urge to try it out of my system! 🙂