Should I be worried?

So, our July cruise was cancelled yesterday. My husband got an email from Royal telling him that. I didn't get an email however. MY email is the contact email for our account.

We are going to opt for the 125% FCC, but since they sent my husband an email and not me... will the FCC be for BOTH of us or just him? 

TIA! 

These type of communication gaffes are common and occurred before.  My step daughter received Royal Up emails while me, as the person who booked and paid for the cruise did not.  Typical and not something to worry about.

How FCC is distributed between guests on a reservation has always had a component of mystery involved.    You'll need to wait and see how you get yours.  All booked guests should get some, but it's not always equal.  

Edited by twangster

1 minute ago, twangster said:

These type of communication gaffes are common and occurred before.  My step daughter received Royal Up emails while me, as the person who booked and paid for the cruise did not.  Typical and not something to worry about.

How FCC is distributed between guests on a reservation has always had a component of mystery involved.    You'll need to wait and see how you get yours.  All booked guests should get some, but it's not always equal.  

{{{{ BIG SIGH}}}} Then I do have something to worry about. Ugggg. I booked the cruise & paid for it.... 

Just now, twangster said:

As long as you are both booked on the future cruise the individual FCC for each guest can be applied.  

I am just worried that I won't even get one...as I didn't get the email... 

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

As long as you are both booked on the future cruise the individual FCC for each guest can be applied.  

A little different question.... 

My kids have a future cruise certificate that we bought them while onboard.... can they use that to book a March 2021 cruise & then apply their 125% FCC (when they get it) to that same cruise? 

7 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

{{{{ BIG SIGH}}}} Then I do have something to worry about. Ugggg. I booked the cruise & paid for it.... 

It does not matter who paid for it.  It will be split between the guests listed on the sailing.  It may be split equally or it may be split based on cruise fare.  At the end of the day it does not matter the split as Royal is moving the FCC money around on a new booking if they are out of balance

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

A little different question.... 

My kids have a future cruise certificate that we bought them while onboard.... can they use that to book a March 2021 cruise & then apply their 125% FCC (when they get it) to that same cruise? 

Yes.  If the FCC is in their name they can apply it to any cruise that they are on

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

I am just worried that I won't even get one...as I didn't get the email... 

I highly doubt that.  Who they send emails should not have any bearing on how FCC is distributed.  

On any booking there is a "lead" guest which is typically the first named person on the booking.  Sometimes the lead guest gets more FCC.  It would be unusual for the the second guest to receive zero but FCC does have some unpredictability to it so I'm avoiding making absolute statements.

4 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

No direct experience with this scenario.  

Edited by twangster

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It does not matter who paid for it.  It will be split between the guests listed on the sailing.  It may be split equally or it may be split based on cruise fare.  At the end of the day it does not matter the split as Royal is moving the FCC money around on a new booking if they are out of balance

I am just concerned because MY email is listed as the contact email...and I didn't get an email... I certainly hope you are right. I simply don't want to call RC and add to their overwhelmed phone staff at this time.

Thanks! 

Just now, SRV FAN said:

I am just concerned because MY email is listed as the contact email...and I didn't get an email... I certainly hope you are right. I simply don't want to call RC and add to their overwhelmed phone staff at this time.

Thanks! 

Not surprising

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

On any booking there is a "lead" guest which is typically the first named person on the booking.  Sometimes the lead guest gets more FCC.  It would be unusual for the the second guest to receive zero but FCC does have some unpredictability to it so I'm avoiding making absolute statements.

I am listed as the lead guest. 

THANKS for your help! 

2 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

I simply don't want to call RC and add to their overwhelmed phone staff at this time.

Then don't, the default for your cancellation is the 125% FCC and it won't be available for a few weeks - call then.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Then don't, the default for your cancellation is the 125% FCC and it won't be available for a few weeks - call then.

I wasn't planning on it.... but thanks.

Edited by SRV FAN

16 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

I would not worry, you might want to just check your online account to make sure all your contact stuff is correct.  I am getting some of our friends emails from Royal and outside of us linking reservations a few years ago on a cruise their is no way my email address should be in their profile.   More Royal IT problems, and they even cut back staff.

Thanks... I did check my profile... but it is only for ME...and it is correct.

Thanks... I did check my profile... but it is only for ME...and it is correct.

Did you register and complete your info online? Near the end of registration you can add you email or cell phone for communication regarding this sailing. You can also bypass communication. Could it be that you added his email when checking in online and not yours?

Either way the FCC is by booking and it should all be there even as others have said maybe not equally.

Hope you rebook and have a great cruise in the near future...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hi, I read this morning that scammers are emailing and phoning stating they are from the cruise company and you are due a refund or fcc, they then ask for bank details, please be aware,  
I truly hope that nobody falls for that but I am sure some will. I also hope that passenger lists weren't compromised and that they are calling random people.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, SRV FAN said:

So, our July cruise was cancelled yesterday. My husband got an email from Royal telling him that. I didn't get an email however. MY email is the contact email for our account.

We are going to opt for the 125% FCC, but since they sent my husband an email and not me... will the FCC be for BOTH of us or just him? 

TIA! 

Both been there done that.