Whatever happened to the proposal that some Carnival ships be used as hospital ships?

ontheweb

7 minutes ago, datolim said:

I remember that as well. 

For those interested in the CDC No Sail Order this is the requirement for the cruise industry going forward.

To be totally accurate, this is what the CDC requires going forward during the current pandemic.  It may or may not be what is required in the future.  It is an interim rule that can be changed, strengthened, or rescinded at any time.

7 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

To be totally accurate, this is what the CDC requires going forward during the current pandemic.  It may or may not be what is required in the future.  It is an interim rule that can be changed, strengthened, or rescinded at any time.

Chief, we understand each other perfectly here, O.K.

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Never got off the ground.  Way too much cost involved and time to convert.

OK, that makes sense. It did give Carnival Corporation a bit of good publicity while they were getting killed in the press over the mishaps on Princess and HAL.

I will be honest with you, I  believe that such a thing will never happens, otherwise such ships  wont be able to cruise ever again. No one will want to cruise on a ship that was a covid hospital. Moreover, I doubt that the owners of these ships will agree on that. Such measure will be necessary in case of a war or something. In all other situation it will never happen I believe