Has anyone received their refund from NCL?

23 minutes ago, kisbel65 said:

I waited for NCL to cancel the cruise and filled out the refund form and they still disputing it. I also did a charge back and then it was reversed when NCL sent a 30 page dispute. According to Capital One, they are disputing everything. 

Tell Capital One that NCL isn’t disputing with Amex. I’m not sure why, but people disputing with Amex, myself included,  seem to be getting their money back. 

24 minutes ago, kisbel65 said:

My cruise was cancelled by NCL in April.  I initiated a chargeback with Capital One and NCL sent a 30 page dispute in response. I submitted proof of the cancellation from NCL and the form they asked me to fill out for a refund. As of today, NCL is still disputing the charge. Capital One has all my documentation but I was informed that NCL has not been issuing refunds. Apparently NCL is calling COVID 19 an act of GOD so they don't have to pay out. NCL SHAME ON YOU!!!!! 

wow, that's crazy. What a shame, that they publicly say peace of mind and end up saying act of God! I was convinced winning the dispute (having the credit) = NCL return cruise fare, after all they are same amount of money. But NCL response to your Credit card company is totally unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, kisbel65 said:

But they cancelled after final payment....they weren't entitled to a refund or cruise credit at that time.

Just received an email from norwegian saying that I was being refunded full amount paid in the next few days. We were supposed to be on our cruise on March 14. We were in Florida, ready to go, on March 13 when They canceled. I completed refund request on the 23rd, first day available. Thank you Norwegian! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MichaelJess said:

Just received an email from norwegian saying that I was being refunded full amount paid in the next few days. We were supposed to be on our cruise on March 14. We were in Florida, ready to go, on March 13 when They canceled. I completed refund request on the 23rd, first day available. Thank you Norwegian! 

Wow, 👍.  Can you please update in the spreadsheet? Thanks!

3 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Tell Capital One that NCL isn’t disputing with Amex. I’m not sure why, but people disputing with Amex, myself included,  seem to be getting their money back. 

I had a different issue with a different card....2 weeks and I have my money back...going on 2 months with Capital One...I called and told them I want it noted in my account the difference between the customer service I received from their competitor. That and $4 will buy a cup of coffee but made me feel a bit better. 😞 

4 hours ago, phire said:

wow, that's crazy. What a shame, that they publicly say peace of mind and end up saying act of God! I was convinced winning the dispute (having the credit) = NCL return cruise fare, after all they are same amount of money. But NCL response to your Credit card company is totally unacceptable. 

Visa announced awhile ago that they would no longer accept "service not provided" disputes unless the provider (NCL in this case) was able to provide the service and didn't.

16 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Visa announced awhile ago that they would no longer accept "service not provided" disputes unless the provider (NCL in this case) was able to provide the service and didn't.

when was it? I just searched online and didn't find this news. Anyways, I won mine VISA credit card on June1st. However, NCL was able to provide the service but decided to be racist and deny me purely because I am Chinese (haven't been out of North America for years).

12 minutes ago, phire said:

when was it? I just searched online and didn't find this news. Anyways, I won mine VISA credit card on June1st. However, NCL was able to provide the service but decided to be racist and deny me purely because I am Chinese (haven't been out of North America for years).

https://chargebacks911.com/visa-covid-19-rule-changes/

Says April 1, don't know if it applies to all Visa cards.

And just to be clear, as your posts seem to stretch the truth a tad bit, you were not denied boarding because you are Chinese.  You were denied because you have a Chinese passport.  If you had a passport from North America, you would have been free to go, assuming you had not been to China (or any other banned country) within the given timeframe.  I would assume that anyone in the opposite position (Caucasian holding an Asian passport for example) would have been denied as well. 

24 minutes ago, julig22 said:

https://chargebacks911.com/visa-covid-19-rule-changes/

Says April 1, don't know if it applies to all Visa cards.

And just to be clear, as your posts seem to stretch the truth a tad bit, you were not denied boarding because you are Chinese.  You were denied because you have a Chinese passport.  If you had a passport from North America, you would have been free to go, assuming you had not been to China (or any other banned country) within the given timeframe.  I would assume that anyone in the opposite position (Caucasian holding an Asian passport for example) would have been denied as well. 

You can think it is fine because it did not affect you, I think it is very disgusting. The truth is there was no such suggestion by the US government and CDC to ban anyone who had not been to Asia in February,  and the truth is up until now I still don't have the virus yet. The NCL and RCL policy was well criticized by every media (US and Canada) as racist and discrimination and NCL had to change it after 10days - hey, everybody still cruising with Chinese after Feb 17th! Oh and we thought they were contagious for the past 10 days. A Caucasian if holding a Chinese passport is very rare. If you have to pick on it, sure, but does not make it not a discrimination. 

Edited by phire

It's great to see the two posts regarding the email about the full refunds 😊  Both were requested on 3/23 which would put the 90 days at 6/21.

I spoke with someone at NCL yesterday about two refund requests that I made for the thermal spa and dining/drink gratuities. It's  90-92 days out on both and they're saying it's taking a little longer and to be patient. We didn't ask for our cruise refund until 4/19 since we were still considering FCC so our 90 days is 7/18.

I'm on the spreadsheet and will update with any new information. Good luck to everyone!

10 minutes ago, Murph269 said:

For those that recently received refunds, were those for cruises NCL cancelled, and you requested the refund by filling out the online request form?

Yes, NCL cancelled my cruise and I filled out the form.

Edited by BSR
  • Like 1

I recieved the full refund from NCL today. Got an email last night confirming amount and it is in my CC this am! I applied on March 23 when it was first allowed as we had a March 20 cruise cancelled by NCL on March 13.. good luck all! Cancelling my CC dispute

• Like 2

On 6/9/2020 at 9:46 PM, phire said:

when was it? I just searched online and didn't find this news. Anyways, I won mine VISA credit card on June1st. 

I too would like to know about the claim that Visa won’t reverse charges if the merchant can’t provide the service. The Rules I have in the handbook issued by Visa are to the contrary. The only grounds on which a merchant can contest are: 

1) Merchant delivered the merchandise or made it available for pickup by the agreed-upon date or agreed upon location .

2) • Specified delivery date has not yet passed .

3)  Cardholder cancelled and Merchant written terms do not permit refund for cardholder cancellation 

4)  Transaction represents a partial payment with balance due .

5)  Merchant processed refund  with Visa already.
NOTE: Merchant MUST Provide documentation of the credit or reversal with Visa ; include the amount and the date it was processed with Visa 

1 minute ago, Maya1234 said:

I too would like to know about the claim that Visa won’t reverse charges if the merchant can’t provide the service. The Rules I have in the handbook issued by Visa are to the contrary. The only grounds on which a merchant can contest are: 

1) Merchant delivered the merchandise or made it available for pickup by the agreed-upon date or agreed upon location .

2) • Specified delivery date has not yet passed  and merchant has not indicated it won’t provide service.  
3)  Cardholder cancelled and Merchant written terms do not permit refund for cardholder cancellation 

NOTE: Merchant MUST Provide documentation of the credit or reversal with Visa ; include the amount and the date it was processed with Visa 

I just got an email stating that we were receiving our full refund.  I had also disputed the charges with our credit card company.  Norwegian said to allow 8-13 days for the refund to come fully through.  This was for a March 17 Tahiti to Hawaii cruise.  So, good news--hopefully it all comes through.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maya1234 said:

2) • Specified delivery date has not yet passed .

See link posted on response #137