Using FCC...deposit required?

Hello friends

We have been cancelled on two cruises. One we had paid in full, but they allowed us to use a FCC from our first cancelled cruise to pay for it instead (still waiting on that refund)- our FCC has now been reissued as our second cruise was cancelled.

We had a promenade room booked, our total FCC is $1,430

We are looking at booking and using our FCC.  The new cruise we are looking at (also promenade) is $1,158 total

Am I seeing right that I am going to have to spend $500 of new cash to make the deposit even if I want to pay in full right now with my FCC

That seems ridiculous since the $1400 FCC was new cash at the time and included a deposit.  Plus they are sitting on another $1600 they are yet to refund

Bottom line- does using an FCC that is over the new total still require a new infusion of cash?

I just booked a cruise for  Dec, 2021 using an FCC.  All I had to pay at the time of booking were taxes and port charges.  Didn't have to pay deposit.  Pretty easy but it took a while on the phone.

I think I've read if your fcc covers the entire amount of the new cruise then yes you can book it that way, just dont make a deposit ... call and get the fcc applied. 

A new fcc will be issued for the remainder 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I think I've read if your fcc covers the entire amount of the new cruise then yes you can book it that way, just dont make a deposit ... call and get the fcc applied. 

A new fcc will be issued for the remainder 

You must,  at a minimum pay the port fees and taxes.  If the FCC is not enough to cover the Balance if the cruise then you must pay extra to bring it up to the minimum deposit amount. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoonerDan said:

Hello friends

We have been cancelled on two cruises. One we had paid in full, but they allowed us to use a FCC from our first cancelled cruise to pay for it instead (still waiting on that refund)- our FCC has now been reissued as our second cruise was cancelled.

We had a promenade room booked, our total FCC is $1,430

We are looking at booking and using our FCC.  The new cruise we are looking at (also promenade) is $1,158 total

Am I seeing right that I am going to have to spend $500 of new cash to make the deposit even if I want to pay in full right now with my FCC

That seems ridiculous since the $1400 FCC was new cash at the time and included a deposit.  Plus they are sitting on another $1600 they are yet to refund

Bottom line- does using an FCC that is over the new total still require a new infusion of cash?

Since port fees and taxes were refunded from your previous cruise And would be refunded if you cancelled this cruise  they must be paid in cash. 

• Like 1