Re-Book Alaska: on board credit offer ending soon

CaliforniaDon

At the first of the month, my wife and I each got an email offer of $150 pp (per person) on-board credit  to re-book our failed July 2020 Alaska cruise.  So, we picked one: - round trip from Los Angeles on July 3, 2021.   Balcony pricing, both economy and Princess Plus (plus drinks and tips) - BOTH prices also showed $150 per person  on-board credit.

A call to Princess today revealed that the email offer and the pricing offer were referring to the SAME credit item. Only one per passenger, not two different things.  I would be grateful if someone here who did NOT have an Alaska trip that was aborted this year -- Could you check balcony pricing for 7/3/21 out of Los Angeles and see if the pricing offer includes a bullet item for the on-board-credit?

image.png.b76cd72815d06712497a40f84014b9b4.png

It sounds like the Princess rep is probably right, but I wanted to confirm, since even counting the credit twice on my spreadsheet, 2021 came out a little higher than last year.  Also, if she is correct, that line item on the pricing offer will probably vanish at the end of the month.

Thanks for that shot without logging in.  I had tried that, with the same results, but then thought (or hoped, I guess) that the credit on the pricing was just for being a good guy - or a past passenger, or Capt. club, etc. -- like a lot of times, when you log in to your account, you see a slightly lower price.  

I just want to be sure that the $150 is only visible to people with failed AK cruises, not a past passenger benefit.

25 minutes ago, CaliforniaDon said:

At the first of the month, my wife and I each got an email offer of $150 pp (per person) on-board credit  to re-book our failed July 2020 Alaska cruise.  So, we picked one: - round trip from Los Angeles on July 3, 2021.   Balcony pricing, both economy and Princess Plus (plus drinks and tips) - BOTH prices also showed $150 per person  on-board credit.

A call to Princess today revealed that the email offer and the pricing offer were referring to the SAME credit item. Only one per passenger, not two different things.  I would be grateful if someone here who did NOT have an Alaska trip that was aborted this year -- Could you check balcony pricing for 7/3/21 out of Los Angeles and see if the pricing offer includes a bullet item for the on-board-credit?

image.png.b76cd72815d06712497a40f84014b9b4.png

It sounds like the Princess rep is probably right, but I wanted to confirm, since even counting the credit twice on my spreadsheet, 2021 came out a little higher than last year.  Also, if she is correct, that line item on the pricing offer will probably vanish at the end of the month.

I am swapping this year's cancelled 7 day California Coastal for a 10 day Alaska passage next year so I did not get 150 OBC per person (only got 30 × 1st 2 passengers). But when I count the 175% FCC it will be:

Vacation Protection

$250.56
Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses§ $820.23

For the 3 of us. Actually the insurance is a little less once the remaining 1074 FCC posts. But that is probably negligible 

14 minutes ago, CaliforniaDon said:

Thanks for that shot without logging in.  I had tried that, with the same results, but then thought (or hoped, I guess) that the credit on the pricing was just for being a good guy - or a past passenger, or Capt. club, etc. -- like a lot of times, when you log in to your account, you see a slightly lower price.  

I just want to be sure that the $150 is only visible to people with failed AK cruises, not a past passenger benefit.

I logged in and got the same results as I did not logging in. I think the $150 is just for failed AK cruisers.

• Thanks 1