USING NOT YET RECEIVED FCC FOR HOLDING @ SEPARATE CRUISES

victory2020

Hello,

I have not received my FCC for a cancelled cruise in April. I want to book 2 short cruises with proceeds that will more than cover both cruises. I am told I can only link the first one & will need to put a cash deposit on second one. Don't really want to do that. Has anyone put a cash deposit down on a cruise & then switched payment to FCC when it appeared in your account? Three different agents didn't know but wouldn't research farther.

I don't use a TA but can't imagine how that would differ.  My PVP split my FCC & 'banked' refund due between 2 cruises which covered more than covered 1 ($59 credit on that one) and will cover the other once the 'missing' 50% bonus FCC is available 

43 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I don't use a TA but can't imagine how that would differ.  My PVP split my FCC & 'banked' refund due between 2 cruises which covered more than covered 1 ($59 credit on that one) and will cover the other once the 'missing' 50% bonus FCC is available 

Ok, thank you. I'm going directly through Princess but not using a PVP because she retired. Maybe I'll try talking to a supervisor.

13 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Ok, thank you. I'm going directly through Princess but not using a PVP because she retired. Maybe I'll try talking to a supervisor.

Or ask to be assigned to a new PVP.

• Like 1

My TA has informed me that she has requested an extension of booking deposit as future cruise credits have not come through. She says if they still don’t come through I will have to pay deposit for new cruise. It seems different TA can achieve different things with princess cruises

We too have booked with no deposit required.  Technically, they extended the date a deposit would be due, so the owed funds would be available to use for the new date.  That was done just through the Princess call centre.  We will transfer to out TA when it is settled.

4 hours ago, 4HeatonsGal said:

We too have booked with no deposit required.  Technically, they extended the date a deposit would be due, so the owed funds would be available to use for the new date.  That was done just through the Princess call centre.  We will transfer to out TA when it is settled.

This was our situation as well.  Would you do me a favor and look on your personalizer to see if there is something marked on it that says pending?  or something like that.  I can't remember if mine did or not because now I notice it says confirmed.  I have asked my TA (e-mail) if it is indeed done now, but they don't seem to be getting back to me.  

Otherwise Princess had given me a June 5th deadline when I first booked for the owed funds to be used as deposit, and I will call Princess at that time if my travel agent still has not gotten back to me.  Just hate to go through that long hold on Princess if I don't have to if your's is showing pending or some such thing.  

If anyone else is in this same situation I would love to hear what your personalizer says.     

There is no indication on the booking or Captain's Circle account to say there is anything pending.  Just the extended date for the deposit in the booking showing when it is due.  I guess we will be on hold to Princess to get that extended if the refund isn’t back by then.

3 minutes ago, 4HeatonsGal said:

There is no indication on the booking or Captain's Circle account to say there is anything pending.  Just the extended date for the deposit in the booking showing when it is due.  I guess we will be on hold to Princess to get that extended if the refund isn’t back by then.

Where are you seeing the extended date for deposit due- I don’t see that on my booking.

22 minutes ago, 4HeatonsGal said:

In the booking, on the payments tab.  It gives the outstanding balance and then

"Deposit due by Jun 25, 2020 or booking will be cancelled.

Remaining balance is due by Jun 06, 2021 or booking will be cancelled."

Mine never gives that, guess cause I use a TA, it shows my gratuities I can prepay and my OBC but never a balance due. Didn’t receive anything from TA for this booking either but it’s still showing after 2 weeks, I will email next week.

I had a similar experience.  Booked a new cruise for next summer, tied to one that has been cancelled but which hasn't had the FCC returned (or doubled yet).

My deposit date was set to something like June 25th "to allow time for customer service to process the FCC".  One way I can see that it hasn't been processed yet is the original/cancelled sailing is still showing in my personalizer, presumably it will go away once they make the appropriate changes.  

This was all done with a very nice / very knowledgable 800# rep.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 8:42 AM, 4HeatonsGal said:

We had the same scenario. Our PVP told me she'd call me towards the end of June to update me on progress since that original hold was made with a June 30 expiration date. I saw on my Princess personalizer that the hold has been extended to end of August.  I'm not expecting a call from her now.

This is frustrating as mine made me pay a deposit and then said our ffc will cover the rest once they issue it. And now

they show only a portion of our FFC so I called and it is still wrong. Guess I will be calling again and maybe ask for a different

Princess travel agent.