Celebrity and Alaska

foxnan

When is Celebrity supposed to be making an announcement?  I have been waiting to cancel my travel insurance, change airfare, call excursion vendors, etc and have been waiting until it is official.  Hoping it is done today.

I did all my cancelations 2 weeks ago.  Then I took advantage of their Lift and Shift offer. GREAT.   Look into.  

I saved a good $7000 usung this program.

5 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

When is Celebrity supposed to be making an announcement?  I have been waiting to cancel my travel insurance, change airfare, call excursion vendors, etc and have been waiting until it is official.  Hoping it is done today.

Received this Email today. Bummer! But fully expected this. Glad I didn't make final payment yet. Going to request cash refund. Our $200.00 deposit.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We continue to face truly unprecedented times as the consequences of the coronavirus pandemic inflict unexpected consequences on our communities and businesses.  The Government of Canada has recently announced continued port closures for all cruise ships through October 31st, 2020.   In order to comply with these closures Celebrity Cruises must now cancel all Alaska and Canada/New England cruises during this time frame.    

Unfortunately, these cancellations will include your upcoming 2020 voyage.  Please know this decision was not made lightly, as we value your vacation time and want to ensure you have the best experience possible on a Celebrity Cruise.

In order to compensate you for this cancellation, all booked guests will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valid until December 31st, 2021, for use on sailings through May 4th, 2022.  The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amount paid for your cruise and will be processed by July 17th, 2020 via email.  Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded automatically to your original form of payment within 30 days of cancellation.  Should you prefer the lower value, 100% refund to your original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, you may contact us anytime up until December 31, 2020. 

To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please contact your travel partner or click here and we will get the process started for you. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after you submit your request.  You also have the option of keeping your cruise vacation plans to the same destination and rescheduling for next year on a date within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure.  Just give us or your travel partner a call by June 17th and your reservation will be shifted at the same rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking.  Please note, if you have already cancelled your sailing by taking advantage of our Cruise With Confidence policy you will not be eligible to receive the compensation noted above.

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on your next sailing, or you may choose a 100% refund.  In order to select the 125% Onboard Credit please click here to submit your request.  If we have not received your choice of compensation for these pre-booked items by June 17th, you will automatically receive a full refund to your original method of payment.  Guests with independent shore excursion arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible. 

Guests with refundable air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically.  You will not need to call in to initiate the process.  Guests with nonrefundable flights booked through Flights by Celebrity or independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family.  Your safety and well-being are our highest priority.  We appreciate your understanding as we do our part in minimizing the spread of the coronavirus. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

23 hours ago, foxnan said:

Interesting.  With Seattle and Vancouver closed  through Oct 31 Celebrity is restricting  all cruises to suite class only.

I wonder if they think mostly empty ships with only the highest paying rooms will be aloud to sail.  Maybe they are banking

on low occupancy ships being aloud to sail.

If you check all these sailings you will see all other room classes are sold out which I know is not so.

You're not seriously counting on that horribly programmed website to be accurately reflecting what's going to happen in the near future for Alaska cruising, are you?  The website is notoriously buggy and inaccurate!  Once in a while, that works to our advantage or amuses, but more often it simply confounds and confuses!

Finally Celebrity announced what everyone knew was going to happen. I think they were playing a game in which deposits and final payments  to help   keep income coming in.

6 minutes ago, Decpl said:

Finally Celebrity announced what everyone knew was going to happen. I think they were playing a game in which deposits and final payments  to help   keep income coming in.

Yep.  I think you  hit it right on the head.