Mariner of the Seas room?

We had a cruise planned with our grandkids for June on a different cruise line "Carnival". We had a nice ext. balcony in the back of the ship. Of course that was cancel due to the "virus". Planning on rebooking this time with Royal Caribbean to give the kids the experience on a larger ship. Mariner of the Seas because it's close to us, don't feel like driving down to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami for 3-4 day cruise.

Haven't booked anything yet, but looking at prices of rooms. Looks like for about the same price we could either book connecting balcony rooms or room 1688/1388. That's if those are available for when we book. There will be two adults and two kids 10 & 12. We have done 3 other cruises in one room before. But looking at room space as they get older. 

If you had a choice which room would you book?

If you want the kids in a separate room, you have to be connecting, next door or across the hall. I don’t think they would allow the 1688/1388 combination. We were on the Mariner in two interior rooms in December with a 13 and 8 year old. I couldn’t get connecting rooms because we booked last minute. 

We are going back on this ship in 9/21 (pushed out from this year) and found the 2 BR suite was roughly the same price as 2 connecting balcony rooms.  

Our kids loved this ship!!  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

If you want the kids in a separate room, you have to be connecting, next door or across the hall. I don’t think they would allow the 1688/1388 combination. We were on the Mariner in two interior rooms in December with a 13 and 8 year old. I couldn’t get connecting rooms because we booked last minute. 

We are going back on this ship in 9/21 (pushed out from this year) and found the 2 BR suite was roughly the same price as 2 connecting balcony rooms.  

Our kids loved this ship!!  

The rooms would be connecting. I wouldn't want it any other way. As for rooms 1688/1388 I would just be getting one. Being those rooms seem to be double the space then a standard balcony. I would be either getting a connecting balcony or just one room either 1688 or 1388. On my last post it sounded like I would be getting both those rooms... LOL not. 

Edited by Kudos2Fly

8 minutes ago, Kudos2Fly said:

The rooms would be connecting. I wouldn't want it any other way. As for rooms 1688/1388 I would just be getting one. Being those rooms seem to be double the space then a standard balcony. I would be either getting a connecting balcony or just one room either 1688 or 1388. On my last post it sounded like I would be getting both those rooms... LOL not. 

We have sailed in cabin 1688 on Mariner three times, the last time being in February.  The cabin is much larger than a standard balcony cabin but only has a sofabed that the 10 and 12 yr olds would have to share.  I love the quiet location and the oversized balcony but would book connecting balconies with kids that age so everyone gets their own bed plus a bathroom in each cabin instead of trying to share one with four people.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have sailed in cabin 1688 on Mariner three times, the last time being in February.  The cabin is much larger than a standard balcony cabin but only has a sofabed that the 10 and 12 yr olds would have to share.  I love the quiet location and the oversized balcony but would book connecting balconies with kids that age so everyone gets their own bed plus a bathroom in each cabin instead of trying to share one with four people.

Thank you, they do share a bed at our house for right now. But it's queen but will be changing that soon also. But I don't know how big those sofabeds are. But if they are smaller then a queen that probably will be an issue. Thank you for the info. 

2 minutes ago, Kudos2Fly said:

Thank you, they do share a bed at our house for right now. But it's queen but will be changing that soon also. But I don't know how big those sofabeds are. But if they are smaller then a queen that probably will be an issue. Thank you for the info. 

The sofabed in 1688 when we sailed in February was still the old kind that is a tight fit for two.  They had not updated it to the new trundle style that are on the newer ships.  Looked like the same sofa my son slept on in 2006! 😲

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

The sofabed in 1688 when we sailed in February was still the old kind that is a tight fit for two.  They had not updated it to the new trundle style that are on the newer ships.  Looked like the same sofa my son slept on in 2006! 😲

Okay thanks... I think that helps. We have only cruise with them on Carnival which has the bunk bed style sleeping... So has worked. But my not work as they get older. 

• Like 1